Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cooking in High Def!

Uncle PhilUncle Phil Posts: 665
edited 3:01AM in EggHead Forum
I finally bit the bullet and bought a new Sony EX-1 High Definition Camera and the pictures are unbelievable! I shot a short video last night while cooling dinner on the Egg and thought you would get a kick out of it.
Caution..... Objects appear closer than they actually are! Don't try to reach into the screen and touch the food. It is against most local food codes and it ain't nice manners either.
cookin_on_the_bge-1.jpg

When you get to the link, click on the bottom right corner of the video to bring the movie Full screen. If you have a high resolution monitor or LCD you will be amazed at the quality.

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Very nice Phil! Even the sound is in hi def. -RP
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    wow that was great see and here the sizzle thanks .
  • BurntRawBurntRaw Posts: 565
    Video was outstanding - great quality.

The way you just grabbed the handle with a bare hand and threw open the lid was pretty impressive.

2006_0813FoodandSuch8_140033.jpg

To see all the magic running out after you poked them was a bit hard to watch; but then again it was in HD.
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Hey, where you been? Every time I see that pic I swear I can smell it. :P
  • BurntRawBurntRaw Posts: 565
    Been reading but not posting and would not post until I figured out the avatar thing - got that; so here I am.

That photo was taken in Aug of '06 (which has allowed me several dozen opportunities to post) and, I am glad to report, I have not had another opportunity to take such a photo.

The arm is good and the gloves are taking a beating (the way it should be)!
  • Nice work! The editing and transitions were very good too!

Love the outdoor kitchen setup, I'll bet having that sink right there comes in very handy!
    Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
    Roanoke TX
  • TuckTuck Posts: 54
    That video looked great! Thanks for sharing!
  • Nice resolution. I watched it in small mode because I thought it would be sharper but when I switched to full screen, it looked at least as good!

Paul