Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WMK - I still can't read profiles

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I asked this recently in a general post and only received a spotty response. Basically I find the font on eggers profiles is so tiny, no make that minute that I can't even read them. I have my setting at 200% and while the threaded view is very small at least I can read it. What am I doing wrong?
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    i suspect nothing. i just went to your profile and mine starting with differnt font sizes and the font in the profile is always the same size [small]. OR changing font size in the forum has no effect on profile font. untill they fix this do what i do.... go to costco and get stronger 'readers' i am up to 2.50's. [this getting old crap is for the birds as my mother used to say] i am using classic view but don't think it matters.
    bill
  • RRP
    Options
    bill,
    I have been wearing corrective glasses for 50 years and can see and read fine with them. Even a large magnifying glass doesn't make the font on profiles much better. I just wish someone else would chime in here who has the same problem. I mean it is minute to the point it's illegible!!! It was fine up until maybe 2 weeks ago so I know something has happened. I use the last 25 to ease eyestrain as it clearly is larger font. BTW I don't have any problem any other Internet sites so it has to be something here!
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    i have not noticed a change in font size on my computer....BUT....i never had the edit function available, did not even know it existed. wmk changed something that had to do with another '''bill''' who never confirmed. now i have edit... also while setting up this new computer i had working karma for a week when no one else did. hard to tell if it is on your end on theirs... wish i could be of more help but i am not a computer expert [ i do have advanced training in frustration and irritability]
    good luck

p.s. you might want to post this on the forum feedback that is where i got my help.
    bill
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i can't see it too well either... :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Nosnow2ski
    Options
    Here's a quick tip I use when all else, including eyes, fails. Press and hold the CTRL key and spin the wheel on your mouse, or press and hold the CTRL key and press the "+" or "-" key. It will make the text larger or smaller. Works in both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

my 2 cents,

David
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    nosnow2ski's recommendation worked on my computer. i feel dumb as i use this all the time hope it works for you .
    bill
  • RRP
    Options
    thank you - I know that trick, but that's a hassle then to return it back for normal viewing of everything else on the board - it just the profiles that are so tiny and I just don't understand why.
  • BENTE
    Options
    how do i get it back??????? i tried that an messed up the whole shebang!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• RRP
    Options
    just turn your wheel the other direction. Best to play with that where you know what "normal size" is supposed to look like to you.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    hit control and scroll the mouse wheel SLOWLY in both directions untill you get the font where you want ...i think the forum is acting up tonight....i lost the lit of members on line and ended up in wide view when i hit the back button i suspect they might be doing some maintenance.
    bill
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Wow this is awsome, maybe I can get weaker glasses now. Thanks for the tip.

JoJo
  • BENTE
    Options
    yea i hope you are right... i think i am screwed tho... i am now totally out of wack the script will get bigger but other things on the screen will not gop "back to where i had it :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    now you tell me :( oh well i guess it was good for so long and now right down the pooper......

i can get everything to move except the other fields you know where it says name/handle it is still as small as the profiles... i am going to clear a history and see if that helps...

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    that did not work :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    I have the same behavior. Also, the text down here in the "Post a reply" section is as tiny as it can be. Have you asked this in the feedback forum?
    The Naked Whiz
  • RRP
    Options
    bente,
    I had the same diaster the first time and as I recall I rebooted and then went to a site where I knew what it should look like and adjust the setting doing "wheelies"! I hope you regain your composure and sanity and font soon!
  • BENTE
    Options
    well i did that and this is the only page that is like that.... especially like where whiz said... oh well i guess i will keep my fingers crossed that they are working on it ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    RRP et. al.,

When we implemented the font size controls we found it necessary to limit their effect because, as with the mouse wheel, when everything is made bigger, things don't look right either (e.g. the menu text doesn't fit properly). So, that's why they only affect part of the site.

We are working, as we "speak", on a new "template" which will address all of these issues among others. It is, however, a significant piece work so it won't be done tonight unfortunately.
  • RRP
    Options
    THANK YOU - I'll be patient!