Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

burger suggestions??

Options
KennyG
KennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Humpty Senior got a long overdue grooming this morning including a stiff bristle brush and shop vac. All that remains is an extended high temp burn to complete the process.[p]Instead of wasting the heat, I'm gonna do some burgers for lunch. Never having used anything but straight meat, I'd like to try a more exotic recipe today. [p]Your gourmet burger suggestions would be most appreciated. I have all blends of Char Crust and a pretty decent spice collection and some portabellos and several cheeses.[p]Thanks in advance![p]K~G

Comments

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    KennyG,[p]Here are 2 of my favorites.[p]Enjoy!![p]Stogie
    ____________________________________________________________[p]Couzan Billy Burger [p]1 Beef patty
    1 slice Red onion, 1/2" thick
    BBQ Sauce(your favorite)
    3 ounce(s) Cheese, Bleu
    1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    6 drop(s) Tabasco
    1/2 cup Mayonnaise
    Salt and pepper to taste[p]PREPARATION:
    Grill the onion and brush BBQ sauce on each side.[p]Loosely wrap in foil and set aside.[p]Grill burger to your doneness.[p]Toast the buns.[p]Combine the remaining ingredients.[p]Place onion slice on bottom bun followed by beef patty.[p]Top patty with generous dollop of bleu cheese mixture.[p]Top with bun.[p]Eat![p]Serves 1
    ____________________________________________________________[p]UN-traditional Cheeseburger [p]2 pound(s) Ground beef
    2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
    3 Green onion, minced(white part only)
    2 teaspoon(s) Cumin powder
    2 teaspoon(s) Chili powder
    2 teaspoon(s) Oregano, dried
    1 medium Jalapeno peppers, diced
    2 teaspoon(s) Garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon Black pepper, coarsely ground
    6 slice(s) Cheese, Monteray Jack[p]PREPARATION:
    Mix together all ingredients except the cheese slices.[p]Form 6 patties that are 3/4 inches thick.[p]Grill patties and top with cheese the last 2 minutes of grilling.[p]Toast buns and serve.[p]A guacamole topping is very good on these! [p]

• Unknown
    Options
    KennyG,
    I just did burgers last nite & they were great & very juicy. The recipe is not very exotic tho.......[p]Marinate the beef patties(use plain old ground beef, don't use a low fat grind unless you have to for health reasons) in worcestershire sauce for 30 minutes. Remove from marinade and coat patties liberally with char-crust. I turbo cooked at 700F for 2 minutes a side plus a 2 minute dwell, adding a thick slice of jack cheese during the dwell.[p]lns

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    KennyG,
    Pocket burgers are my favorite. Instead of one big burger make two thin burgers. In the middle of one put sauteed onions mushrooms and a little cheese or what ever you like. Put the other burger on top and seal the edges. Bleu Cheese is good also. They are GRRR...ATE!

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Stogie,[p]My 'Stogie File' keeps getting bigger and bigger.
    Keep those recipes coming as I appreciate the heck out of em.
    Thanks for those latest keepers.[p]WD