Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket flat question?

Options
ATX
ATX Posts: 98
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Happy Easter all. Got up at the butt-crack of dawn and tossed on a 5.5lb flat. Internal temps at about 155 now. Should I let 'er rip all the way to 195 like a full brisket or should I pull at a lower temp and foil? Oh yeah haven't even opened the egg once yet. Gotta love that.

Comments

• 02Roush2
    02Roush2 Posts: 119
    Options
    I am not an eggspert but I did cook my first brisket (6.2 LB flat) Friday and it came out great. I cooked it at a dome temp of 230-240 and took it off around 195 internal. I did the "fork" test before pulling it out of the BGE. I let it rest for a couple of hours wrapped in foil and towels in the cooler before slicing. I did not foil or baste the brisket for the 9 hour cook period. Plenty of advice if you have time to search it here on the forum. Good luck!
  • ATX
    ATX Posts: 98
    Options
    Thanks, think I'll let 'er go to 195 then pull. That should give the wife plenty of time to make her famous borracho beans & tater salad. Enjoy the holiday.
  • 02Roush2
    02Roush2 Posts: 119
    Options
    How did the brisket turn out? We just finished our leftover brisket last night by chopping it up and adding it to a pot of homemade vegetable soup. Pretty good stuff!