Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Chicken, results and tangential question

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Results: Dang, putting the bird up on the grid extender above the grid sitting on a the plate setter really got the bird up into the dome. I let the bird air dry in the fridge for 24 hours and between that and the raised position, I got some lovely skin. Of course, the wife (yes, the wife who......) pulls the lovely skin off and just eats the meat, but what you gonna do? Scooby the Wonder Dog stepped up to the plate. I actually didn't do "The Chicken" per se. I used a dressing/marinade under the skin and over the skin which was quite nice. It is supposedly a Cheesecake Factory Southwest dressing (found it over on the Primo forum for shrimp). The potatoes didn't get done, so next time I need to cut them in half, but the poblano peppers smelled so nice while they were cooking!

Tangential question: "The Chicken" as presented by AZRP involved dipping in sort of a hot sauce after the chicken was done cooking. I saw on a food show a restaurant in Harlem (I think) that dipped fried chicken in honey after it came out of the fryer. Does anyone know about this or remember where I saw it? It was some time ago....

Thanks!
The Naked Whiz

Comments