Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

We're cooking now!

OzarkQ
OzarkQ Posts: 150
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just to report in - first week with the LBGE
Johnny boy burgers
Spatchcock chicken

Easter Dinner -
ABT's
Country style ribs
Burgers
Beer

And what's the deal with these accessories? I started off with an egg this week - now I have an ash tool, grid lifter, pizza stone, platesetter, grid extender - when does it end??!!

Both my previous dishes might have been a bit overdone so I'm going to check the thermometer before the big cooking tomorrow - but all the advice here really makes it easy to get going!

Happy Easter all.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    it NEVER ENDS.......

sooner or later your egg will multiply.......

Picture.jpg

:whistle: :evil: :pinch:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Yep sure does...

newhome-1.jpg

IMG_8910.JPG

People around you multiply too.

IMG_8911.JPG
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i like this one better ;)

IMG_8920.jpg

BTW i got a E about the comp this year in G-wood

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Bwahaha...it never ends! Note the MAPP gas torch (my giant lighter!) and the DigiQ keeping the temps steady on the SBGE. That's quite a list of stuff you've done on the first week. Look forward to hearing more about your adventures in egging.
  • metrylee
    metrylee Posts: 94
    I see you have a CHARLES CHIPS CAN i sold those for 21 years until they folded
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Congrats Ozark!..and no as far as I can tell it never ends..and when your large starts havin 'babies' it just gets worse!!.... :woohoo: :woohoo:
    5a57574f.jpg

oh yeah...and Charles Chips were the bomb!!...I still have one of those cans around here somewhere that I keep stuff in....now where the heck did I put it?? :blink: :blink:
  • Crash
    Crash Posts: 32
    It's like Chrome on a Harley. How much chrome is enough? Just one more piece! B)
  • And it doesn't take long to multiply. I will have my second one in a month
  • OzarkQ
    OzarkQ Posts: 150
    Howdy! It all worked out pretty well. Did the country ribs first, then bumped it up for abt's, then bumped it up again for the burgers - all worked out pretty darn good! Still getting used to temp control - she got away from me for a bit - but those ribs were pretty darn yummy!