Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - St. Louis Area Eateries....

Suck Creek Wings
Suck Creek Wings Posts: 112
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'll be in St. Louis all next week. Staying in the Creve Coeur area on M and T and then downtown the rest of the week/end.

Can anyone recommend a dynamite BBQ joint in the area? I've hit The Hill for Italian in the past, but want to try something new.

TIA.

Dave

Comments

• Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    One of the down sides of owning the Egg is that one's patronage of restaurants, especially BBQ restaurants, declines quite a bit. It's been some time since I've sought out BBQ here, to be honest, so any recommendation will come from the past.

* Richard's Ribs in Kirkwood (on Big Bend, just west of Lindbergh) - good BBQ, definitely get the baked beans as a side. Mostly a take-out place...no beer :S

* Fat Toney's in Soulard (down by Anheuser-Bush, around 1600 S. 9th Street) - good baby backs

* Lampert's Plush Pig in Clayton on Forsyth. All-around good 'cue.

* Bandana's - a local chain, but pretty good. They have stores all over the area.
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    I kon't know about St. Louis but if you get a chance to drive a little south of there, you really ought to drive to Sikeston and visit Lamberts "home of the throwed rolls". Unfortunately I have never tried their Q or ribs, but everything else I've tried was incredible. The atmosphere is very unique.
  • I agree with Jeffersonian, you really should stick with the Hill
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Firetruck:

Ate at Lambert's last night! I'm in SE Missouri for one more day (my mother is in the hospital), before heading back to Florida (hope to get by Ocala on the way home to Brandon for a while). The food wasn't bad (the throwed rolls are fantastic). Had the pork steak and all I could think of was how much better it would have been if cooked on the Egg.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Wyldwood
    Wyldwood Posts: 84
    We've eaten at Bandanna's and liked it. Very good for a chain. Try the deep fried corn and the doughnut holes served hot from the frier with powdered sugar.
  • Jeffersonian
    Yeah, I've eaten at Lambert's at both of their locations and I'm not a fan of the food. The rolls, however, are excellent.
  • Jeffersonian
    While not BBQ per se, if he wants a really, really good steak I'd recommend Citizen Kane's in Kirkwood. Excellent food there.

BTW, Suck Creek, I got my shipment of your wing sauces a couple of days ago. I haven't used on wings yet, but the tastes I've taken have impressed me.
  • If you want to take a little drive,I'd say about 45 minutes-go 44 west to Cuba,mo. and look for the sign on left---Missouri Hick BBQ.
    This stuff is killer and the portions are generous.
    Blows all the chain guys out of the water. B)
  • Jeffersonian
    Thanks for the top, RO. My daughter goes to school in Springfield, so we're on I-44 fairly frequently. Gotta check that one out.
  • Dave,

My brain must be a little slow...Head out I-44 west to highway 109 look for a restaurant called Supersmokers on the north side of the Interstate. These guys have a couple of huge KCBS trophies. Dr. BBQ did a book signing there awhile back for his new cookbook.

Enjoy your time here,

David