Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGGFEST2000 reminder

Options
Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just a reminder to all that want to attend the Eggfest2000 in Waldorf April 29 -- the deadline to get your rooms is close at hand. They are holding rooms until this week - after that its only if they have rooms available. So its a good time to visit the website, www.c21virginia.com/eggfest/ and register to come. [p]Tim
[ul][li]EGGFEST2000 website + registration[/ul]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Tim M,
    I can't even get close to imagining how much fun this is gonna be. My friends and wife always give me a hard time about my "internet buddies". I really look forward to the hard reality, and smell, of many smoking eggs...combined with the crisp vision of peoples faces who I have been tapping my keyboard at for some time. The sound of their voices, the taste of their food. The sound of One Thin Dime jamming in the background. The taste of the homebrews. The smell of the hickory. And the oak. And the alder. And the pecan. It will be a treat to spend some time with y'all, while we have our day of making this virtual world a reality. See wum sayin?[p]YFH. Yeeeee Ha!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I've enjoyed it and that is why I am coming. It will be more than you describe. Sue and I look forward to sharing with you.[p]Spin

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    what is a get-tegether without youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?
    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee111
    YOU ARE THE MAN! HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you have said everything so perfectly! As Cornfed would say..."you are the MACDADDY OF 'DA MAC!!!!!
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    ST(E2K...to hug Nature Boy Thee!!!!"

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    what is a get-tegether without youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?
    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee111
    YOU ARE THE MAN! HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you have said everything so perfectly! As Cornfed would say..."you are the MACDADDY OF 'DA MAC!!!!!
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    ST(E2K...to hug Nature Boy Thee!!!!"

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Spin,
    are you coming as a MAN?

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![p]This is gonna be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ST and I are bringin' some homebrews. We're not officially registered to cook but who knows what's gonna happen at game time. We may just show up with some tasty treats for Humtpy. As Rodney Dangerfield once said, "Bring a pitcher every 10 minutes until someone passes out, then bring one every 15 minutes." ST may just show up with a headband and tea-shirt.[p]This is gonna be GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![p]
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]I am coming only as the man that I am. One who is good at cooking a few things and wants to be better, and as one who needs to learn a lot. The fest offers me the opportunity to meet and learn from everybody else and have fun in the process.[p]If I were female I'd be coming as the WOMAN.[p]I do look forward to meeting you (with a E2K Ale),
    Spin

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Spin,[p]If I may speak for ST, I'd say YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE, we're glad to meet you!!! Spin, you were the one who truly convinced me to get my Egg in the first place! It will be my honor to meet you at the fest. I only hope that we can share some food, and that I can steal some of your pizza, and get to know one another better and have a tremendous time![p]And just to set the record straight, sorry, but I do plan on winning the door prize mini...[p]Enjoy,
    Cornfed

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    You crack me up! You guys doin whipetts?? I'm just a regular Joe, who was lucky enough to buy an egg, and even luckier to find this forum. I have learned more about cooking since July than I have my whole life. [p]Not sure how to respond to your post!!! Send me some o dat stuff you are doin tonight![p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Spin,
    Yes indeed. It will be more than anyone could describe.
    Almost surreal seeing all of those smoking eggs at once, and so many faces of people you know, but have never seen. Wacky.[p]Would be fun if Mike O brings a butt like he mentioned in the guest log! It would be great to have some low slow stuff. Maybe if I bring my large egg, we could get a brisket going in the back of my truck Friday night. Strap it tight in the morning, and haul the burning egg down the road to the event. It would be ashame not to have some chunk-o-chest at this event.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Spin,
    and I also look fwd in meeting you...and not only with an E2K ALE, but a E2k STOUT as well....and whatever u cook. But most importantly I look fwd in getting to know u better as the person you are.

• Tim M
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]""We're not officially registered
    to cook but who knows what's gonna happen at game time. We may just show up with some tasty treats for
    Humtpy.""[p]There has been a lot of confusion over who is and isn't cooking at Eggfest2000. Much of the confusion is my fault because of my lack of eggsperience doing anything to setup or organize this type of event. Don't get me wrong, I have 98% nothing to do with this event other than getting the word out via the Internet, but I may have confused those who have never been to one of these events (I have been to only 1). Spin, Mr Toad, Cat, etc have all been to some and they can fill in where I fail to eggsplain properly. [p]There will be 12 or more Eggs there at 9:30am sat. If its like Atlanta - you show up and look for an Egg to cook on if you plan to cook in the morning. Ribs and such takes 3-4 hours and so by 2pm that Egg is now free and available to do something quick (aka grilling, pizza, steak, burgers). Anyone is welcome to jump in, grab your Egg forum buddy and get some hands on or you can run with the ball and ask questions if you need advice. Several of the demo Egg buyers will be ready to test "their" new Eggs themselves and they will look for some help getting familiar with its use. [p]I will never forget the lovely smokey smell as dozens of Eggs lite up and start belching smoke with hickory.[p]Tim

• Tim M
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    ""Would be fun if Mike O brings a butt like he mentioned in the guest log! It would be great to have some low slow
    stuff. Maybe if I bring my large egg, we could get a brisket going in the back of my truck Friday night. Strap it
    tight in the morning, and haul the burning egg down the road to the event. It would be ashame not to have some
    chunk-o-chest at this event.""[p]You kill me, that would get some attention driving up rt 301 in Waldorf. Every cop and fire truck would also follow you.[p]Maybe you could do it in your motel room.[p]Tim

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Tim M,
    By morning time, it should not be smokin very much. If it is only a few minutes to the VFW, I could close it down, make the drive, and then re-open the vents once I'm there. Safe. Low profile. Do-able.[p]I am getting tempted here. This just might be able to happen.
    EggChest 2000![p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com