Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Do you turn your fatties?

BlueRidgeBlueRidge Posts: 84
edited 9:37PM in EggHead Forum
Working on my first fattie...

Dome temp has been a steady 250 degs....

Fattie temp is 150 degs....

Should I turn it to get grill marks on both sides? It looks like most do from photo's...when in the cook should it be done or does it make beans worth of difference?

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    I don't touch them till they are done.
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    ditto....NO TURNA da FATTIES! ;)
  • BlueRidgeBlueRidge Posts: 84
    ;) GRAZIA
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    I turn mine because of the stuffed cheese thinging. But I would anyway. Grill marks are cool.

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    DOH! I don't turn mine because of the cheese. I do the regualr ones. Tried to edit my orginal post. I was accused of hacking. :angry:

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    I find a couple tsp of Robitussin stops the hacking
  • BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
    Huh! I 'saw' that pun!

• Michael BMichael B Posts: 986
    If the Robitussin doesn't work, try:

1 part honey
    1 part lemon
    1 part bourbon
    1 part rum
    Sip as needed.

Or my aunt’s remedy:

Neat, or on ice.
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    I turn mine, and I think the internal time I'm shooting for is either 165 or 170...