Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egged Nacho's

Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
edited 6:12PM in EggHead Forum
Egged nacho's have a nice hearth roasted flavor......really good with Harp beer. I dabbed with home-made habenaro gold pepper jelly givin to me by a buddy. Wooooooo....dat good stuff. Not really nacho without sour cream and guacamole,... next time! I browned ground chuck in butter and garlic, added adobo seasoning. Layered under the chips is more meat and melted velveeta cheese with a can of Ro-Tel tomatoes here and there.
Clay
IMG_5398.jpg
IMG_5400.jpg
·

Comments

• mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    i totally agree nachos and the egg is WOW....when the guys come over for a beer they always ask for 2 things. nachos and wings!!
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    I like that idea....nacho's and wings. I'll be makin nacho's with the egg from now on. Perfect with beer.
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Nice Clay! I would not have thought of that. Gotta try it next friday now :)

What kind of paper liner is that? Parchment?
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Yes it's parchment paper. My wife got me using it to keep food from sticking to the pans and it makes clean up easy. I like it. Good for pizza makin also.
    I could have shoved the pan in the oven but the egg was hot after a tenderloin cook for pork sandwich meat so I used the egg and wow....the flavor of nachos is much better from the lump charcoal fire. No wood smoke or burning grease, just a clean lump fire. A little wood smoke might be fun to try but the chips pick up a subtle hearth flavor from my Grove lump alone.
    And the cook was fun. It's easy, 375 dome for about 8 minutes or so.
    Next time I'll have sour cream, guac and salsa to go with. Everybody likes nacho's.
    Enjoy!
    ·
  • dblRdblR Posts: 75
    Thanks for the tip on using the parchment paper.

Yours in green smoke,
    dblR
    ·