Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egged Nacho's

Options
Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Egged nacho's have a nice hearth roasted flavor......really good with Harp beer. I dabbed with home-made habenaro gold pepper jelly givin to me by a buddy. Wooooooo....dat good stuff. Not really nacho without sour cream and guacamole,... next time! I browned ground chuck in butter and garlic, added adobo seasoning. Layered under the chips is more meat and melted velveeta cheese with a can of Ro-Tel tomatoes here and there.
Clay
IMG_5398.jpg
IMG_5400.jpg

Comments

• mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    i totally agree nachos and the egg is WOW....when the guys come over for a beer they always ask for 2 things. nachos and wings!!
  • Clay Q
    Options
    I like that idea....nacho's and wings. I'll be makin nacho's with the egg from now on. Perfect with beer.
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Nice Clay! I would not have thought of that. Gotta try it next friday now :)

What kind of paper liner is that? Parchment?
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Clay Q
    Options
    Yes it's parchment paper. My wife got me using it to keep food from sticking to the pans and it makes clean up easy. I like it. Good for pizza makin also.
    I could have shoved the pan in the oven but the egg was hot after a tenderloin cook for pork sandwich meat so I used the egg and wow....the flavor of nachos is much better from the lump charcoal fire. No wood smoke or burning grease, just a clean lump fire. A little wood smoke might be fun to try but the chips pick up a subtle hearth flavor from my Grove lump alone.
    And the cook was fun. It's easy, 375 dome for about 8 minutes or so.
    Next time I'll have sour cream, guac and salsa to go with. Everybody likes nacho's.
    Enjoy!
  • dblR
    dblR Posts: 75
    Options
    Thanks for the tip on using the parchment paper.

Yours in green smoke,
    dblR