Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot Chicken Wings help

Options
Pooter
Pooter Posts: 28
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need to know what temp and how long to cook chicken wings? Want to them cook buffalo style (simple)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    suck creek wings came on here the other night and enlightened me.. he said cook your wings at 375 dome direct until virtually done, then pull them off egg and drop them in a fryer for 3-5 min, toss in a bowl with your favoritre sauce i like franks, wife likes Wild Boar BBQ Sauce but as to internal temp un wings i usually don't measure but if i were you i would go to 180 ;)

HTH

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• citychicken
    Options
    that suck creek method is a good way to do the wings. i lkie the way the wings finish off in the deep fry. plus starting them in the egg make for many levels of flavor.

however it is not necessary to finish in the deep fry. you may just do them on the egg at 375 for about 60 - 90 minutes (to your level of doneness) they will come out nice and crispy as well.
  • Pooter
    Pooter Posts: 28
    Options
    Do you cook them direct or indirect?
  • citychicken
    Options
    cook those direct. and if you have a raised grid, by all means do them on the raised grid. i like to flip them over once every 15 minutes while on the egg. if you don't have the raised grid- no big deal, just keep an eye on them.

btw, i tried the method at the link below, which turned out very good. it does take much longer and a few more steps are required but i liked the way they turned out.

http://houseoffaulkner.com/wings.html

i think what you will find out is there are many ways to get things done on the egg. keep experimenting and you will find a method that works best for your liking. i've tried quite a few methods myself but happen to like the suck creek method and a modified trex method the best so far.
  • i posted my method above. smoked them at about 275. mustard slather, put a rub on. then about half hour before done. I heatedd up franks sauce in pan, added some spices, a bit of honey (i dont know why, but to help sauce stick. then i tossed them in a big bowl . put them back on smoker. they came out great. and a lot less mess (wife =happy) in kitchen.