Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonights Egg sacrifice: Easy chicken parts

JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been SUV shopping. Drove all kinds of mid size SUV'S and fooling with dealers. Will probably get an 08 Pathfinder. All the dealing stresses one out so wanted something easy: chicken parts. Rubbed with garlic pepper and salt then a good shot of my Wild Turkey bbq sause under skin. 250 indirect for 1 1/2 hrs then 35 min. direct at 250 baisting with sause. Wind was calm and "DP's smoke shack and lounge" smelt goooood! NEW08026-1.jpgNEW08028-2.jpgNEW08033.jpgNEW08040-1.jpg

Comments

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 wrote:
    Been SUV shopping. Drove all kinds of mid size SUV'S and fooling with dealers. Will probably get an 08 Pathfinder. All the dealing stresses one out so wanted something easy: chicken parts. Rubbed with garlic pepper and salt then a good shot of my Wild Turkey bbq sause under skin. 250 indirect for 1 1/2 hrs then 35 min. direct at 250 baisting with sause. Wind was calm and "DP's smoke shack and lounge" smelt goooood! NEW08028-2.jpgNEW08033.jpgNEW08040-1.jpg
  • Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    Request details of your cooking "shed". I am searching for some cover to keep the wind & rain off my cooking.
  • JLOCKHART29
    For the life of me I do not know why the PIC OF Jake shows up every time I post a pic. Photo Bucket isn't doing right cause did the same thing couple days ago.
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    There's an armless nude female mannequin missing from your second picture. :woohoo:

LOL

Nice pics, nice smoke shack, great chicken pieces.

Cheers,

TRex
  • JLOCKHART29
    Who said "she's" missing? I have her inside warming up! :woohoo:
  • JLOCKHART29
    I have deleated every pic of Jake off of Photo Bucket and still every time I post pics his pic shows up 1st. Like its possesed.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Great cook--I recognize the plates (I have the same ones!) Did you cook the potatoes on the egg too?

How is the DigiQ working out for you? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on one of those fancy things...
  • JLOCKHART29
    Hears a bigger pic of shed. Just 4x4x10 corners, 2x12 treated studs and 12 foot tin. Actual roof is 10x11 with 6 inch overhang. Note curtains on north side for wind.NEW08006.jpg
  • JLOCKHART29
    Wife did the tators in oven ashamed to say. Didn't get home from car shopping till 3:30 and not enough time really for baked potatos. Mike you got to get the "Q". Its so nice like tonight. Got home started the starter sticks, couple chunks hickory and pressimon, plateseter,rack, set "Q" to 250 degrees and walk off. Fire tractor up and feed cows and horses come back Egg 250 degrees. Throw on the bird, grab brew and never thank about temp. Is it cheating? Sure, sure is nice. :evil:
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Thank you for the DigiQ recommendation...almost like using the oven indoors, huh? I've been thinking twice about getting one because I thought that I'd only ever use it for the overnighters. I only do those on the weekend anyway because I want to make sure that the pit temps don't go crazy on me for whatever reason. It sure would be nice to have some pork shoulder done in time for dinner after work, though.

I appreciate the feedback on the "Q"
  • JLOCKHART29
    I thought I would only use it on long cooks also but once I got it I use it on anything except direct high temp cooks. Egg holds temp great once you stablize but I tend to micro manage temps. "Q" micro manages with in a few degrees for me out of the gate so I can relax and tend to more "important" things start to finnish.