Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HGTV Dream Home

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Every year the HGTV Dream Home contest comes along and makes me think I can win it "if only" I had just one lucky day, or even one lucky minute, or one lucky second just as they were drawing out the winner's name. I keep entering even though I couldn't afford it if I won, unless of course, the Texas Lottery Commission calls me about that time.

But one thing I've noticed in all the Dream Homes, they do not include a Big Green Egg as part of the prizes. I think it's time to change that.

So here's the deal, I'm encouraging all Eggheads to enter once each day. In doing so it greatly increases the chances of an Egghead actually winning.

All Eggheads are just like family so we all win when one of us wins. And the winner can invite us down for an HGTV Eggfest. We can invite the people from HGTV to see just how much fun we have and how good the food is, and they will probably add a really nice outdoor kitchen with Big Green Eggs as the centerpiece to the next Dream Home. Then some Egghead can win it too. Got it all fingered out.

Click here to enter:

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dream_home_2008/text/0,,HGTV_30596_65296,00.html

Remember, just one entry per day. After the initial entry all you have to do is enter your email address each day and you are entered.

There's got to be tens of thousands of Eggheads and our chances or winning are tens of thousands of times greater, so let's do it... Don't forget... enter every day.

Spring "Previous HGTV Loser" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Eggscaper
    Eggscaper Posts: 213
    Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully an egghead will win and we could all go to their house for an eggfest. :woohoo:
  • I also entered on different email addys and sent an invite to wife & friends.
  • I think the last time I looked, only 1 winner had kept the house because typically you can't afford the income tax and other expenses. The one who won and kept the house was going to rent out the boathouse to generate income but then found out that he wasn't allowed to. Something else went wrong too. Financial nightmare as I recall. So, if the family is going to enjoy visiting the winner, they'd better be prepared to pay for the privilege, LOL!
    The Naked Whiz
  • I went sail fishing in Islamorada this past November and I can't wait to go back. Sure would be nice to have a house down there.
  • Leroy,

I've been entering that contest ever since the one in Jackson Hole (about 5 or 6) years ago, and have never got close. Entered if everyday of the contest in my name and my wife's name. Each home was given away to someone from the opposite side of the country, usually in bad health, or elderly, (nuttin' wrong with that) and they all end up selling the home to pay the taxes.
    I think they ought to give away three or four more affordable dream homes a year so the average American can afford to keep and actually live in the home. Doesn't that make more sense?

That would indeed be a dream come true. Besides, I was just sick when I didn't win the one in Tyler, TX.... I'd have loved to win that one on Lake Tyler. It was the best to date in my opinion!

I have little faith of winning these days, but I'm still entering, and watching HGTV and doing business with their advertisers. Maybe the mothership should advertise our wonderful Eggs on the show!
    Hint.. Hint...

David
  • BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    Thanks for reminding me of the sweepstakes! I may try to go tour the house next month when I'm spearfishing in the Dry Tortugas.

Another sweeps I try to enter every day is www.swimstakes.com - they are awarding the opportunity to dive in the main tank at the GA Aqarium...

Big T
  • BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    CWM,

You aren't kidding- one of the car mags had an article years ago about how Pioneer's (?) Lamgorghini sweepstakes nearly ruined the winners' life with tax and insurance nightmares.

Let's see- after the income tax comes property tax and insurance on a $2M+ waterfront home in the Keys...ouch.

Still might be fun to face the peril.

Big T
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Well if I win it I figure the lawyers will drag it out for 8 or 9 months before the IRS sweeps in.
    Not a bad vacation.
    Pat
  • I agree with you. Make it 4 or 6 nice homes instead of one that only a rich person can own. Just the same I've entered the contest like Mr. Springchicken suggested.
  • We've been entering for a few years. They have these houses so full of stuff that you could just pack a few rags, your photos, recipes, and your Egg and move in. B)
  • Ya'll can take turns staying with me when I win.

:o)