Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mango Pear Salsa -- Thanks Frozen!!

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In case any of you missed it, Frozen Chosen posted a recipe for Mango Pear Salsa down in the thread about orange roughy. Frozen, it was a big hit. I'm so stuffed I can't walk. We had salmon smoked with alder, brown rice, cucumber slices, sugar snap peas and your salsa. Man, what a treat. This is definitely a candidate for having company over! Thanks again for the recipe![p]TNW
The Naked Whiz

Comments

• The Naked Whiz,[p]Yeah, I printed that out as soon as I read it. So it was good :) [p]I wonder if you could freeze it for use later ?[p]That would be great ![p]Happy Egging.. BB [p]
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    BB,
    You can't freeze what you don't have. The two of us ate the whole thing.... [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]That did look very good. Thanks for the report; I'll have to try it![p]On a related note, has anyone ever had "Green Mountain Gringo" store bought salsa? Comes in mild, medium, hot, or fire roasted garlic. It's in the natural foods section of a few shopping stores near me. I've found the hot to be excellent for a pretty regularly available salsa, and it has just the right amount of heat for me (a pleasant, yet noticeable, spice in the mouth. If you want a real burn, three or four big consecutive scoops can get you there).[p]Finally, anyone have any recommendations for their favorite store bought salsa ("specialty" and/or readily available)?[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]I glanced at it but forgot to add it to the recipe collection. What was the thread...or can you email me the recipe? monica@datashark.net[p]Wonder what other fish it would work with?[p]mShark
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    MollyShark,[p]It is in the thread on orange roughy, a little ways down the forum. Here is the recipe that Frozen Chosen posted:[p]1 mango, peeled and diced fine
    1 pear, the same
    juice of 1/2 lime
    about 4 large mint leaves diced
    1 jalapeno minced or Thai equivalent
    1 T honey
    1T diced red onion
    2t balsamic
    S&P to taste [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • sdbelt
    sdbelt Posts: 267
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Almost as impressive is that you had the ingredients to make this delight. I count only 4 ingedients (two of which are salt & pepper) in my inventory.[p]--sdb[p]
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    sdbelt,
    On the way home, I bought a mango, a pear (twice as the lady forgot to put it in the bag and I had to go back), mint, lime, and a red onion. I had the honey, balsamic, salt and pepper. Ha ha! And oh yeah, I had to buy the salmon, too. Not so impressive after all....[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Frozen Chosen
    Options
    sdbelt,
    No excuses when you have a store like AJ's there in Scottsdale. This is certainly one of, if not the finest food stores in the US.

• The Naked Whiz,[p]Well, maybe for nextime make a double batch :) LOL[p]Take Care... BB