Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hey DobieDad, here is a bottle for ya

Options
tjv
tjv Posts: 3,830
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
boonesfarm.jpg

This precious bottle is almost twenty years old. I recieved it as a birthday gift when I turned 30. It came with a friend: a cabbage patch doll. That kinda dates it in history. I still have the cabbage patch doll too..........LOL.

It's the prize bottle in my collection, wait it is the only bottle in my collection.

T
www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.

Comments

• Bahmanicious
    Options
    I remember back in the early '70s when Boones Farm displaced Bali Hai as the wine of choice. $0.99 a fifth IIRC. Of course, it was competing with Cold Duck and you could buy beer in two strengths...3.2 and 6.4. Does that tell how old I am? :blink:
    Best,
    WA
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Wow now that brings back memories. Boons Farm was the stuff we use to buy when you could not afford a good drunk. I remember when Peels beer was like $2.66 a six pack. Wow I am getting real old.

Pork Butt Mike
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Well, that does bring back memories. The ones I can remember at least :whistle: LOL we lived in northern PA right on the NY line. Pa 's drinking age was 21, NY was 18 :) in 20 minutes we could have a few of those in the car and headed out for a good time. Of course it only took about 50 cents in gas to get us there and back. OOHHHH I sound like my Grandmother. 'cept she would died rather than take a swig of that! LOL Julie
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    anybody remember Ripple? a quart of ripple and a 6 pack of scheaffer beer. talk about a headache. ah...the good old days.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    when you went to new york did you stop at the first bar after leaving the tunnel ? it had roast beef turkey and ham on spits turning in the window? i think it was around 33rd. over the years i have ran into lots of people that went to new youkfrom pa. seems they paid an old drunk to sit on the corner and direct underage pa kids to that bar.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    No, we were mid state in pretty small town called Wellsboro. gas lights down main street, very quaint and pretty.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Oh lordy, that makes my insides churn. Just like they did when I drank 'em in college.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Wow - that's a trip down memory lane. I am proud to say that I never fell in with the cheap wine crowd, although I was known to serve some to coeds in college. I usually stuck with the cheapest beer. I could buy Rolling Rock for $2.39 a 12 pack. The added benefit was having people walk into my dorm room and ask for a beer. I'd reply "Sure, all I have is Rolling Rock". They usually responded "Oh, never mind". This was years before RR became somewhat of a cult beer.

Roudy
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Isn't anyone going to mention al the attributes of Mad Dog 20/20? Haha. MD and Schlitz..a winning combination to go with those chocolate twinkies.LOL
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    that was the first bottle i purchased (well, pointed at and had someone buy for me) in a liquor store. two older girls that had IDs took me in, and told me to pick something out. I looked around at all the hard stuff and had no clue and picked the one thing that sounded like i could drink it. hahahaha
    god that's embarrassing. not as bad as smoking up the fridge with smokey cheese, mind you.

that was the first and last boone's farm i ever had. but looking back, i'd say that the memory of the Boone's Farm that day is overshadowed by my time with the two older women! unfortunately, BECAUSE of the boones farm, i doan remember much of anythiing.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    I had a girlfriend my freshman year in HS that just couldn't live without Tickled Pink. Well I guess she could live without it, but she wasn't much fun without it.
  • DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    Oooooo! NOW we're talkin'!

Tom, that hurts just to look at.

In LA back in the late '60s about the only thing I could afford was a step or two below the stuff Gallo sold in gallon jugs.

Hang on to that little gem!

Display it at the next 'fest and watch the reaction on peoples' faces when recognition of their past escapades hits them.

Thanks (I think) for a crawl down memory lane LOL

DD
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Boones Farm had quite a history. It was originally introduced with Blackberry;Loganberry; and concord
    flavors. Apple came later; then Gallo decided to discontinue Boones because of lack of sales. It was closed out in a few select markets. In one Market particularly it became a cult and Gallo decided to bring it back with only Apple.
    It was quickly followed by Strawberry Hill; then Wild Mountain; and later Tickle Pink.
    There were many other flavors introduced but as time went along, they were discontinued. Boones continues today in many markets; but is made with malt.
    Ripple; Boones both made by Gallo are credited with cultivating a much needed wine market in the United States.
    People who consumed these products were just ahead of the curve.
    Hammer
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    wow, that was very kind.. i never thought of myself as 'ahead of the curve' for drinking ripple. more like behind the 8 ball .
    bill
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    I beleive I have a real good response to this but I expect it would get deleted real quick....."Did you? LOL