Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First time on Egg - Beef Tenderloin - very good!!

Bubba_TBubba_T Posts: 1
edited 5:09PM in EggHead Forum
Jan112008046.jpg
<p />First time cooking a beef tenderloin on an egg.[p]In fact, first time I've cooked a beef tenderloin in many years. [p]"Peeled" it. Tied up the thinner end with cooking string. [p]Seasoned with Morton's Natures Seasoning, a little lemon pepper, coarse ground pepper. [p]Marinated in Worchester, Dale's and a little low sodium soy sauce for a couple of hours [p]We like it on the red side inside - cooked it indirect until about 128 internal. [p]Was unbelievably good. Probably the best ever. [p]Will do that again a lot sooner than last time.[p][p]

Comments

• Pretty work! Pretty work!
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    i'd call that a filet BIGnon
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Beauty...We need a sliced shot, too!
  • Bubba_T,
    That looks good. Keep up the cooking and the photos.[p]You may want to look at the link for some more replys.

[ul][li]New Forum[/ul]
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    Man we should have come to your house and paid you what we paid that Brazillian place tonight!

Welcome to the world of great food whenever you want it.
  • It was good meeting you today. Thanks for the help. Please let me know if you get back to Metairie.

Mike
  • No sliced shot. :S

Cut a small piece for "tasters" for my family as I was slicing.

They were all making such a fuss about how good it was, never even thought about the camera until we were finished eating.

Just loaded the plate (tenderloin, twice baked potato, salad, french bread, south Georgia sweet tea and a glass of merlot).

Will have to set my camera at my place at the table next time so won't forget.
  • Yea, I originally started this thread on the old forum, but then followed a link over here to read and respond.

Had registered for the new site several months ago, but not able to sign in.

So pretty much just stay on the old site.

(but then I didn't realize could see some posts over here that couldn't see on the other side). :ermm:
  • Bubba_T,
    looks great! yum...
    keep it up, and keep the photos comin!
    HS[p]

• Bubba_T,[p]Tenderloin looks great. Can you tell me the size of the tenderloin, time it took to cook and what temperature you cooked at.
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,615
    Bubba_T, I wish you would stop that! You've got me slobbering like a St. Bernard! 8 - ),,,,, BTW, I'd also like to know your method...[p]Rascal