Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Le Creuset

Options
BigTamm
BigTamm Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am new to the Green Egg world and was wondering if I can use my Le Creuset dutch oven, and mini dutch ovens on the Egg without damaging them. Thanks.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    i use them, fine for stews and potroasts and braising. i set up inderect and put the pot on a grill above the setup. i use the dutch, a casserole, and a braiser. they do have knockoffs at target, marshalls etc for a lot less money if it makes you nervous. i dont put the covers in though, the plastic handles might not make it if the temp gets out of control
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Hi, OH yes! I collect vintage Le Creuset and it gets a work out on my eggs. I have a couple of dutch ovens and a terrain and I love using them. meatloaf is to die for on the egg and there have been some great posts on pot roasts too. Welcome to egging! Julie
  • ChitownBBQ
    Options
    Ok, laughin' my ass off here trying to picture the look on my wife's face when I tell her I'm putting my Le Creuset into the new grill that I've told her can top 800 degrees...

Now THAT's a picture worth posting!

:pinch:
  • mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Options
    fishlessman wrote:
    they do have knockoffs at target, marshalls etc for a lot less money if it makes you nervous.

Marshalls actually carries Le Creuset seconds at a nice discount. They may have a slight blemish or something that for some reason didn't pass inspection but if you look through you'll surely find one that will pass your inspection.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    I still have not put the Le Creuset in the egg as of yet. Mad Max has quite a collection of Le Creuset and uses them in the egg all the time.

But, if you are worried, Wal Mart has some good Ceramic Cast Iron alternatives.

The food cooked in a dutch oven is fantastic.

I have done pot roast, stews, 3 or 4 different types of soups, chili.

We did 46 qts of ham and bean soup over the holidays on the egg plus 16 qts of split pea soup.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i have put mine right on top of the coals and have not had a problem but i kept a good eye on the temp! ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• DynaGreaseball
    Options
    I've used mine on the egg too. The composite pot tops are good up to 450°.

DSCN3282.jpg

Really just wanted to see if I could still post a pic.
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Out of practice...

Nuther try:

DSCN3282.jpg