Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is going on. Getting Frustrated

Options
Pork Butt Mike
Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I been out sick for some time now. I come back and all things have changed here. I never said I am the brightess person in the world but I can't get no where with the forms. Can't log in, I been trying for days now, and I don't get no responce from the admins. Is this site going down hill or what? Do we need to find another home? Anyway I know it's late but Happy New Year, Safe One, and Healthy One for all and your familys. [p]Pork Butt Mike

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Options
    Pork Butt Mike,[p]Growing pains. That is what has been going on around here. We were attacked by trolls and had to make the switch to the New Forum. As with anything growing pains are to be expected. I can barely remember my first meal on the egg. It wasn't great but is was better than the last meal from the kettle. Took me a little while to figure out what this big green hunk-O-ceramic was all about. [p]As with all things low and slow. It will get better with time. I think we are in the plateau right now, and the goodness is right around the corner.[p]Just my $.02
    Mike

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Mike in Abita,[p]Right now I'm looking at the "old" forum and it looks fine. Is there any problem just sticking with it until the issues of the new forum are worked out a tad more?? Trolls are on every board. Ignore them and they go away. I'm at a loss as to what this fuss is all about.[p]mShark
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    mollyshark,[p]I think the only issue is you're missing many (most?) of the new posts if you only read the greeneggers.COM site right now (as opposed to greeneggers.NET).[p]At a glance, it appears there is far more traffic originating from the new (.net) forum the last several days.[p]
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    mollyshark,
    I'm with you. I'll stay here as long as the lights are on. [p]BTW... How did the pineapple ABT's turn out?

• lowercasebill
    Options
    mike,
    it looks like you are logged in to me. things have been improving here and remember the admins do this gratis and these poor bastards have been working their fingers to the bone. if you are still having problems. post again with what browser [aol, firefox etc.] are you logging in at the left or at teh top etc. lot of guys here are computer savvy. [i am not] but i did not have any problem getting registered and have even posted pics with out using photo bucket!!!! anyway i have adapted to the new forum and am liking it if i can help i will glad you are back hope this is a healthy new year for you.
    bill :)
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Pork Butt Mike,[p]We are still working things out. The email should be working better for some now, but as I have early meetings this week, I've been unable to follow things as closely as over the holidays.[p]Everything will be worked out soon. Thank everyone again for their patience during this transition period -- it really helps us quite a bit for everyone to use the new forum so these issues can be identified and addressed.[p]Off to more meetings now....
    WMK

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Mike in Abita,[p]Yum. Giant yum. I did some with light sprinkle and some heavy of dizzy. Heavy works better. They disappeared.[p]mShark
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Pork Butt Mike,[p]Yep...I have given up for the most part. I have "pinged" WMK..sent emails directly to the admin....posted my problem (which I think others have as well) and have not even been acknowledged. Mollyshark has a good suggestion...stay with the old until the new is ready for release.[p]Just my opinion...[p]RajunCajun[p]How bout dem Tigers??
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    RajunCajun,[p]Even if you can't login to the new forum, can't you still see the posts, and create them over there? Trouble with staying here is that what is posted over at the new forum can't be seen here. Not much activity in the old forum. [p]Just a question.

• Bob In Texas
    Options
    If and when its worked out I guess everything will be ok. The frustrating part to me is making a post, then go back to see some responses, and in the mean time 20-30 other post have been made, and I have to wade through 4 or 5 pages trying to find it. I have made the changes like WMK said, and still the latest response will not bring a post back to the top or near the top.......I'm not complaining, just waiting, and using the old forum until things are worked out. I know it's a job.
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Pork Butt Mike,[p]Thanks for all the feed back. When your out for some time like I was and can't figur out what was going on. Well a little patientce and some time I guess it will all work out for the best. Allways remember good things happen when you wait. Thanks again everyone. [p]Pork Butt Mike