Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Strange Potato Question

FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I baked a couple of regular Idaho bakers along with some baby back ribs today. I've done dozens and dozens of bakers, sweets, and twice baked taters on my egg over the years and have never had anything like this.

The interior flesh of the potatoes was a tan/smoky color. I know this sounds strange. I've never seen anything like it. They didn't taste any different, the texture was great, they were not overdone or dried out, they just had an odd color. They were both double wrapped in foil.

They were on the egg at 250 indirect for about 2 hours total. I pulled them when they felt soft. If I were blindfolded I wouldn't have known there was a difference. Unfortunately they were the best part of dinner - I just couldn't get the ribs done (7 hours and I had to pull them to eat. Never had BB ribs go so long). They were edible, just not great.

If it was just one then I would understand and just figure it was a strange spud, but for both of them to have the same 'off' color made me wonder. Anyone ever have anything like this?

Comments