Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wish me luck

Options
slyrye
slyrye Posts: 135
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tomorrow is the day i have set to quit smoking cigarettes! I waited until the holiday's were over and i am confident that i can do it! After 25+ years i've had enough.
My eggs will still be smoking up a storm.

Comments

• Edemitch
    Edemitch Posts: 196
    Options
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Get past the third day and your okay until the third week. Then ya gotta put on the armour again. It's a tough road, but no doubt the right move. Best of luck!!!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Good luck to you.

It isn't easy, but can be done.
  • Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    good luck it can be done....I KNOW 'CAUSE i did it

u will gain weight....its okay

u will be irritated....its okay

I ITCHED FROM MY CHEST TO MY FACE FOR 3 MONTHS.....I LIVEd thru it

trust me....it is always better to be a quitter than not

best of luck

Jan
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Good luck!! Your friends and family are going to love you even more. Everyone eventually quits.

Really Good Luck,
    Willy
  • Mike-RR
    Mike-RR Posts: 181
    Options
    You can do it! I smoked for almost 18 yrs and stopped cold turkey in 1999 when I found out my wife was pregnant.
  • RastaEGG
    Options
    Good Luck, I am going on my 3rd day :)

RE
  • Never Summer
    Options
    I wish you all the luck in the world. You can do it! Quiting smoking was the hardest thing I ever did - but so worth it. Sounds strange to say in this day and age, but I loved smoking cigarettes! I knew I would never be able to quit unless I did something to engage my lungs. I started running (you can eat more wonderful food from your egg without gaining weight) and after a short while, the good feeling from running meant more to me than the smoking did. Not that you have to run to quit, but it worked for me.

Don't let anyone kid you - it is a tough row to hoe. Be stubborn and you'll get there. I quit over 20 years ago and it was the hardest, but best thing I've ever done for my health. And, for the record, I don't run anymore, but it is what helped me through quitting smoking.

Wishing you success,

Patty
  • Smokin' Blues
    Options
    Good luck and stay with it through the end. You will be glad you made the choice. It really helps you knowing that the choice to quit was yours and not the prodding from others. I know this sounds errogant, but I hated people telling me I should quit. I was aware of all of the negetive sides of smoking, but still wanted to do it on my terms. I think that in itself was my biggest motivator to finally stop smoking, knowing that I made the decision! My family excepted that and let me find my way. That was May 1990, and I never looked back. If you need some support we are all just a click away in the forum. Good luck and keep us updated.
  • bsfd806
    bsfd806 Posts: 24
    Options
    Good Luck to you!
    It's tough, but well worth it!
  • ViennaJack
    Options
    You can do it! Good luck!