Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Posting userids or passwords

Options
WMK
WMK Posts: 1,747
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
To everyone,[p]I will *never* ask anyone to post their userids or passwords publicly; so, if anyone, posting as me, asks you to do that, you can be sure that they are a "troll".[p]DO NOT post your userids or passwords no matter who asks you to do it![p]The new forum will not allow such things; so, the sooner we can get switched over, the better. I hope that this new server will handle the load, but that remains to be seen. Plus, we need to get everybody registered and confirmed before we make the final switch.[p]WMK

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    I've said it a couple times...please make it registration required to post...I don't think newbies would be offended...and it would insure issues as you mention never happen in the future...guest can freely read but in order to post everyone should be required to have a username and password..again just my opinion..
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i like that idea!!!

maybe that can be one of the first polls that we do when everyone gets over here!!

happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    That would absolutely be a great idea...with all of the anon posters lately I don't think it will be a close call...but the "poll" thing is a great idea....
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Please count me as one who would like to see this done; and the sooner the better. If newbies or anyone else is offended that it is required...so be it!
    I am tired of the crap that we are subjected to by trouble makers.
    Hammer
  • BENTE
    Options
    hey see i tokd you i can contribute something good now and then :laugh: :lol: :woohoo:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    WMK,
    "Plus, we need to get everybody registered and confirmed before we make the final switch. WMK"[p]I have NO CLUE what the "new forum" is all about. What do you mean "registered and confirmed"?[p]Sorry for my ignorance...I've been checking and using this forum for over a year. I do not read every post. I do post questions from time to time and post 1-5 times a week on average. In fact when ever I go to cook something on my BGE I check this forum to see if I can learn something first.[p]The past week I saw several post about the "new forum" but none of the ones I read made any sense to me. I've never even seen the web address for the "new forum" posted. But again I never spent much time reading every post.[p]What does an occasional user like myself need to do to be part of the "new forum". I don't understand.
    Please explain. Thank You!

"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• BENTE
    Options
    Tiger Tony,
    Click Here for the new forum.. [p]
    we are going to abandon this forum and go over to the other one. it will actually be here one morning when we wake up but the link that i put above will get you over there so you will have no problems later when they turn the lights off over here.[p][p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Tiger Tony,
    At the top of this old forum is a link in large letters named "New Forum". Click on it and you'll go to the new forum. The forum is switching to new software. Once you go there, you'll see....
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • I'm just trying to see what happens if I post with my handle, but as a guest....
  • Billy Grill Eggster
    Options
    TNW,
    Your post came thru, your name is not in BOLD and is black rather than green.

Billy
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    Large BGE - WiFi Stoker - Thermapen - 250 Cookbooks

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    WMK,
    it says (on the new forum) that my user ID is activated, and to wait for instructions via email. I activated it (I believe) a while ago, when the site was first put out there for testing.[p]The email address for my profile is defunct, and so I'm not getting any follow up info.[p]I understand that the email address listed under your profile isn't working.[p]How can i get my profile up and running over there?[p]I don't want to post my email addy here, for obvious reasons....
    J

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    A subtle distinction, so I guess it is possible that someone could pose as another to a certain extent.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    stike,
    Did I miss something? Did you pee in someone's rose garden again?????[p]Mike " Always in trouble" in Abita

• That's unpossible
  • Fire in the Hole
    Options
    WMK,[p]I can't seem to get finished confirming on the new forum. I never get an email to confirm.[p]Please help. TIA.

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Mike in Abita,
    no.
    lost in utah was posting as me.[p]asked me to bl*w him. WMK took his post down before i could respond. i got so excited by his proposition that i was going to take a bus to utah and order a cubscout uniform for each of us, but i don't know his size. or how big his uniform should be.[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    stike,
    I would need a 2XL long shirt. 40X34 pant. Greyhound has the tickets. When do we leave?[p]Mike