Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbograte arrived! Question about it...

Options
Mike-RR
Mike-RR Posts: 181
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
HA!...something new to try this week. I was going to do a low-and-slow on some pork butt to test out the turbulator grate.

Question for those with this grate: Did you still have to sweat over whether or not your fire went out during the night when using these grates?

I had problems on my first overnighter because the grate was bevel-side up and the small chunks of lump clogged the grate to the point that the dome temp hit 200 deg. The next overnight cook, I went with the wiggle rod and the inverted grate (bevel-side down) with much better results. Just wondering how much easier/reliable the turbograte makes these types of cooks.

In other words, I'm trying to save my dollars for a Small BGE instead of a DigiQ II, although I will likely have both before too long here.

Thanks for the help!

Comments