Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Wellington receipe

Options
T-Que
T-Que Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After reading all the posts on Beef Wellington I got hungry for the meal and a challenge. Does anyone have the recipe in a format you can be posted or linked to? I have a loin in the fridge, my parents are in town for the holidays, promising football game tonight, seems like a great day to spend creating a meal to remember. I was talking to my Dad last night and mentioned Beef Wellington and he being quite the cook himself said he had made it some time ago (like 30+ years) but forgot where he got the recipe. I'd love to give it a go for them this evening. does anyone have a good recipe?[p]thanks in advance.
TQ

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    04Wellington.jpg
    <p />T-Que,
    hate to say, but i googled a couple recipes, and then adjusted to taste and to the amount required.[p]i used the recipe below (see link) as a starter. i used less allspice and clove in the marinade. i added port to the marinade. no whiskey, it can be a bit 'hot'. [p]if you have time to marinate for at least 3 hours, that's good. if not, consider cutting the tenderloin into individual filets, about an inch-and-a-half to two inches thick. that'll help the marinade do its thing quicker.[p]i seared the beef before building the wellingtons, on the egg, over light oak smoke. you only want an exterior sear, no cooking. so sear it directly from the fridge, and on a hot grill for maybe90 seconds a side.[p]if it's tied, untie it after searing. toss it in the fridge after searing, to stop the cooking.[p]it takes a while, but is actually very easy to do.
    better to do this a day ahead. i did it christmas day, when i had all the time in the world.[p]03Readytogo.jpg[p]05Plated.jpg

[ul][li]Classic Beef Wellington[/ul]
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Dawgtired
    Options
    T-Que,
    I looked through my favorite cookbooks and really couldn't find anything that looked out of the ordinary but here is a link to several recipes from the Food Network.

[ul][li]http://search.foodnetwork.com/food/recipe/beef+wellington/search.do?searchString=beef+wellington&site=food&searchType=Recipe[/ul]

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• T-Que
    T-Que Posts: 44
    Options
    stike,
    Thanks all for the assistance. Beef Wellington was put off until tonight. I am about to start the marinade. I believe I will do individual Wellingtons as well. I did look on Foodtv.com and epicurious.com and came up with a few recipes. I too will probably use a combination of recipes. A couple called for madera wine sauce, others for Port Wine sauce. I think I will go for the Port Wine. (Reduce port by half and add a little butter).
    I made some home made Ricotta cheese this morning (really cool and easy) for a desert with baked grapes and some maple syrup. [p]thanks again for all the help.
    T-Que