Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to warm leftover Prime Rib

Options
Mega Egga
Mega Egga Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All the company is gone and we want to finish the leftover prime rib tonight. What is the best way to reheat it without losing the rareness?....thanks

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Mega Egga,[p]If you have a Foodsaver, I would seal them and warm in a hot water bath.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Mega Egga,
    frankly, i can't stand warmed over prime rib. . .having said that, here's a couple of things you can do. .[p]1. cut a couple of thick slices, season them with cajun seasoning and/or something like dizzy cowlick or raising the steaks, or even red eye express ...then heat up a cast iron skillet really hot, and 'blacken' them. .. [p]2. better still and this is a big hit at my house. ..cube up some potatoes, and dice some onions ...in a large skillet or wok in the egg, heat up a stick of butter, then throw in the taters and onions, some salt and pepper. ...stir/toss this until the taters are soft ans starting to brown. ... cube up the prime rib and add it to the taters/onions .... keep cooking this till the taters are browned and the meat is good and hot. ...great hash, and it makes a total meal all by itself ... .

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Mega Egga,
    If you have any juice left from the cook then heat that up and let the meat come to room temperature. Cover the meat in the hot juice and it should warm it up enough to serve as leftovers.

• Mega Egga,
    I can only tell you how I've been doing it this week, including tonight. I slice off the size steak I want and then let it set out until it's room temp. I put some au jus in a frying pan and bring it to a boil. Then I throw the steak in for a minute or minute-and-a-half per side depending on size. The outside will turn brown but the core will still be medium rare much like a grilled steak.

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]This methods works wonderfully for us. If you don't have a foodsaver, use a ziplock bag and submerge most of the bag to force the air out and then seal and heat that way.[p]Spin
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Do you put any EVOO in the wok to keep the butter from burning or just cook at a lower temp? I have some leftover prime rib and going to try this weekend.[p]Mike

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    whoops, forgot to say that i do a combination of butter and vegitable oil. .. .

• mitch
    mitch Posts: 25
    Options
    Mega Egga,
    Cut real thin (shave) and heat in au jus and have a prime rib sammie. Beats a cheese steak any day.

• nutcase,
    I do it the same way and it works like a charm.......even concentrates the AuJus flavor.

• Hugh Jass
    Options
    ...leftover Prime Rib?[p]I never heard of such a thing![p]'-)[p];-)