Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Standing Rib Roast (bone in) and wise one recipe URL?

Options
Bozzy
Bozzy Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm at home for Christmas with my parents. I left my DigiQ II at home so I'm flying with the dome thermometor on my fathers LBGE.[p]My brother-in-law brought a 10.25 lbs standing rib roast (bone in) with him for Christmas eve. I'm doing it on the egg and want some advice. My brother in law likes the type of roast that is pink all the way through and is urging me to do the roast at 200-225. The rest of the family prefers a nice gradient of rareness with the inside of the roast red (not pink).[p]So I'm planning on searing the roast on the stove and roasting it in the egg at 300-325 until an internal temperature of about 130-135 knowing I'll get some carry over.[p]Any thoughts?[p]I'm doing a 20lb turkey tomorrow for Christmas...will brine it overnight.[p]I also am on my parents computer so I don't have the wise one PDF...if anybody (wise one?) has a link, please post it as I'd like a reference and to leave it with my father.

Comments

• GrillCrazy
    Options
    Bozzy,
    Hello Bozzo -- I think you are looking for :
    The Naked Whiz

• Eager Egger
    Options
    Bozzy, I think this is the main PDF you are looking for.

[ul][li]Wise One's PDf[/ul]
  • jwirlwind
    Options
    Bozzy,
    I am also doing a ten pound rib roast. I plan to sear with open flames. Take roast off put in pan and cover with foil and get Egg down to 275. My preferred temp for roasting. I will then coat the roast with a mixture of roasted garlic, horseradish, salt and pepper paste. Put it back on the Egg in the pan uncovered indirect with temp probe in meat. When internal temp gets to 125, I will pull it off. Should take about 2 to 2 and half hours. Make the Au jus sauce and eat until I blow up. [p]MC Jerry

• Ron_L
    Ron_L Posts: 163
    Options
    IMG_4452.jpg
    <p />Bozzy,
    If they want the center slices to be rare I would cook it to 125 to 130 internal. The carry over as it rests will bring it up to 135-ish. The roast in the pic was pulled from the Egg at 130 and rested for 30 minutes.