Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country style ribs

Options
Charly
Charly Posts: 23
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wanted to try something different this weekend so I picked up a dozen "country style ribs",very lean.I planned on a mustard coat with JJ's rub but wondered if Cat's baby back recipe would work?

Comments

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Charly,[p]Cat's recipe would work fine if they are "Quasi" CSR's cut from the shoulder. If they are from the loin, which would be very lean they benefit from a fast cook like a pork chop.[p]Either style are pretty good and hard to mess up.[p]Ashley

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Charly,[p]I tried this a few weeks ago and it worked fine. The ribs were sliced butt, about 1" thick; I cooked them direct at 250 dome (230 grill) for not quite 3 hours, flipping midway. Next time I'll cook a bit longer for a little more crunch, but they were still delicious.[p]Thorne's rub is also terrific on pork tenderloins, so it should be good on the leaner country ribs too.[p]I love the stuff! Let us know how it goes.[p]Cathy
  • Charly,[p]Charly,[p]Country style depending on the cut can be fat. They are delicious though. If you have a lean cut, you should be ok.
    Doing baby backs for the "Big Game" tomorrow. In the fridge, coated with mustard and a rub from the "Smoke and Spice" book. Plan to smoke with hickory at 220 for 3 to 4 hours. Don't get better than that. Looking forward to the half time show.[p]Crash[p]