Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So what you cooking on the egg for XMAS?

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are doing a chicken tomorrow and a brisket on Monday. Still trying to decide when we will start the brisket as we head to the outlaws around 2 on Monday. So what is gonna be on your egg?

Comments

• I'm doing NY strips tonight, bone-in prime rib (a la Mad Max) on Christmas and some of Carwash Mike's stuffed chicken breasts the day after.[p]I can quit anytime I want to. Really...
  • Jeffersonian,
    Prime Rib, maybe a la Mad Max. Def. prime rib; we bought it at the butcher today.

• Kathy-jo Peterson,
    we are doing what any self respecting jews do on christmas (at least on christmas eve this year). ..we are going out for chinese food with my parents. .. peking gourmet inn in falls church to be exact. .. best peking duck in the washington area!! . .. .

• "Catherine, Jews know two things: suffering, and where to find great Chinese food."[p]- Benjy, "My Favorite Year"
    [ul][li]My Favorite Year[/ul]
  • Jeffersonian,
    LOL. .. and remember the definition of all jewish holidays ..[p]"they tried to kill us. .. . we won ... . we ate!"

• LMAO...may it ever be so, Max. Mazel Tov and bon appetite.
  • Kathy-jo Peterson,
    I smoked 7 organic chicken breasts with cherry wood and cut up with some walnuts, apples and capers, with some blue plate sugar free mayonaise and I am going to serve with triscuits. A sugarfree smoked chicken salad that conforms to my diet....I tested it but it was still warm, hopefully tomorrow the flavors will have rounded out nicely.[p]Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all[p]Jan

• Metalhead,
    That sounds good! Actually my friend told me brisket is more of a Jewish meal than XMAS. Anyway glad to hear what you are all doing. Now I want Chinese food.

• Ron_L
    Ron_L Posts: 163
    Kathy-jo Peterson,
    My travel schdedule the past three weeks has been nuts so i haven't spent much time with Eggbert. I'm going to make up for it by cooking something everyday until Christmas :)[p]Yesterday's dinner was a couple of thick cut loin chops cooked direct. Right now I have two pork butts cooking indirect (275 degrees) that I will pull, vacuum seal and freeze and then we'll reheat it at my sister's place on Christmas Day. Tomorrow will be a couple of chicken chests for dinner and on Monday I'm going to smoke three corned beef briskets for pastrami sammies at my sister's place on Christmas.[p]I'll give Eggbert the day off on Christmas day :)

• Kathy-jo Peterson[p]At this very time, I have two butts on the Egg at plateau 168. Been on since 9:00 this morning. It is 6:00 pm now.
    Christmas will get chicken for my wife and prime rib for the rest. [p]MC Jerry

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Kathy-jo Peterson,
    I'm cooking a 20# + turkey and some 15# of mashed potatoes for "Christmas" other family members are bringing various other contributions.....we have never celebrated Xmas so I can't really help ya there...but Christmas is always enjoyable to spend with family and friends..and food off the egg is always appreciated..[p]Holiday wishes to you and yours.[p]Wess

• Kathy-jo Peterson,[p]Yesterday was 4 butts, tomorrow 3 baby backs and 3 spare ribs, monday a brisket for the brother in law, later monday evening a ham (egret's ham recipe) and then Christmas day a standing rib roast. -RC
  • laker
    laker Posts: 10
    20lb Turkey for main, oysters on half shell, yes fixed on egg for a snack.

• Kathy-jo Peterson,
    leg of lamb. yum.

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 243
    Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
    Classic Shrimp Cocktail
    Pecan and Orange Marmalade topped Brie wrapped in Puff Pastry
    Roasted (Prime Black Angus) Tenderloin with a Cabernet Peppercorn Demi-glace
    Fall Walnut Salad with Maple Dressing
    Twice Baked Potatoes with Pan Fried Pancetta and Gruyere Cheese
    Garlic-Roasted Asparagus
    Roasted Garlic Parmesan Bread
    Pecan Pie
    Homemade Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fudge

• Kathy-jo Peterson,[p]I had the misfortune of marrying a French-Canadian and moving close to the enemy territory, and so I've had to abandon my Xmas day celebration in favour of a Xmas Eve celebration (the French always want to be different...). Everyone coming over save for my BiL don't consume huge amounts of meat, so my wife told me to clean out the freezer. So the evening meal will consist of 2 racks of ribs and 2 racks of lamb, cut into single rib servings. My wife is also getting a caterer across the river in Quebec to prepare an authentic French stew, which, believe it or not, is quite good!![p]Ottawa_egger
  • I'm doing a turkey on Monday for dinner at my families. I did a pork shoulder last weekend, pulled it and froze it for my families dinner too. After my sister found out I could do a turkey, I got volunteered to cook it on the egg.