Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Glass Dishes ie. Pyrex

Options
PuppyBreath
PuppyBreath Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
can pyrex be used on the egg, indirect? would be easier to put dishes into dishwasher than boiling, cleaning cast iron...
Puppy

Comments

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    PuppyBreath,
    Yes!

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    I used to us a pyrex baking dish as a drip pan. Last time I did a turkey (a couple of days before Christmas) I was cleaning that pan in the sink. It slipped and broke in the sink and cut my finger pretty good. I ended up with stitches in my finger for about ten days. So, yes, you can use pyrex, but be careful washing it!
  • PuppyBreath,[p]Hi, Yes... I have used Pyrex with no problems. Also, I get enchalada's and meatloaf etc. from Costco here freshly made and it comes in this plastic bubble lidded container that you are just supposed to remove the clear bubble top and place in the oven at 350 deg. to cook in the bottom black 'flimsey' tray it came with. I have cooked those indirect with the plate setter right on the grill and never had a problem either. I just treat the BGE like a regular oven only I use a little wood for smoke ya know :)[p]Happy Egging.. BB

• Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    Options
    BB, Here is a trick I use for meat loaf. I cook in a pan for about 45 min. then take out and just sit it on the grate, indirect. By this time, it is firm enough to stand alone and it will be able to get more smoke ALL around the loaf. continue cooking for about 1-1/2 hours.[p]Marv

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Marv ,[p]If you get a chance check out the Mexican Meatloaf recipe. It's been around here for quite a while, but I just tried it for the first time a couple of weeks back. I was really impressed by the flavor.[p]Regards,
    Jethro

[ul][li]Mexican Meatloaf[/ul]
  • Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    Options
    Jethro,
    Will do, I love a good meat loaf. I just printed it out to add to my file.[p]Marv