Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chicken thighs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i have some skinless chicken thighs would i be better off cooking them indirect? thanks for any advice

Comments

• Dover_Gal
    Options
    ijd,
    Chicken thighs have a lot of fat, they can therefore be done direct but take watching as they get done rather quickly. We butterfly ours. Think of them like boneless, thin-ish pork chops. They taste very nice grilled.

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    c7f37fd5.jpg
    <p />ijd,[p]I would think indirect or a raised direct would be fine. Not having skin, takes the protection away. I generally baste (once or twice) with a liquid that has some oil added. I'm usually not a sauce guy, but I'll break that rule on skinless chicken every now and then.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • CNL
    CNL Posts: 96
    Options
    ijd,
    Coat them with a good rub. I prefer Dizzy Pig, either firewalk or ragin river. Next Wrap then in 1 slice bacon per piece. Stabalize the egg at 250ish direct on a raised grid. Usually 30 - 40 min. per side gets it done. I always cook by temperature especially with poultry. This is a Sunday night special around my place. The entire family devours them as soon as they are cool enough to eat.