Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fatty trials

Options
NooBBQ
NooBBQ Posts: 134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
232916611-XL.jpg
<p />Well went for it and did 3 fatty's yesterday, the first 2 were gone before I could take picture, but the 3rd one, a maple sausage, I left for this mornings bfst, so I did take some pictures.[p]I made an italian sausage with black pepper dusting, a regular sausage with Dizzy Dust, and the maple just plain.[p]I used an ET-73 and noticed that the dome probe (hung with bailing wire on the regular dome probe) was consistently higher than the reg dome probe who stayed between 225-250. They took 2h40m to get to internal 180, so I might have been a little hot. They did get a little crust, but not as much smoke ring as I expected (I smoked with Maple, and besides a couple handfulls of chips, I also added 2 chunks). Anyway, I am off to bfst for a McFatty w/ the maple sausage.[p]nooBBQ[p]232916621-XL.jpg

Comments

• nooBBQ,
    hands down one of the bestest things i've learned since i got my first egg.[p]betcha can't stop makin em

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    nooBBQ,
    that looks what mine have looked like when i have made a mistake and ran it to 180. ihave been running them to 165-170 here lately and have been much happier with the results. i have also only used chips when i have no choice. i use cherry whenever i do a fattie..i would also check and asee if your thermometer is calibrated right, it needs to be calibrated every so often.Here is a how to...[p][p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Saucehog
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Have you listened to this Jimmy Dean clip on youtube?[p]Check it out. Good for a laugh.[p]

[ul][li]Youtube Jimmy Dean [/ul]
  • Saucehog,
    hahaha... sounds like someone that lives close to me.[p]jimmy dean musta changed back to the 16 oz roll. i reckon they changed it to 12 oz awhile back so they could pay that guy in the sun suit...