Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country style pork ribs

Options
ravnhaus
ravnhaus Posts: 311
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sent the wife off to the store for some pork tenderloin and she came home with country style pork rib. A brief marinade in Italian dressing and on the egg about 350° for 45 min (160° internal). They came out a tad dry (should have pulled earlier) but were consumed never the less. The veggy dish you see in the background was the real hit of the night. All that color is hard to resist.
[ul][li]Country style rib cook[/ul]

Comments

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    ravnhaus,[p]Those country style ribs are part of the loin, so cook like a loin and remove at around 145º. [p]They did look good![p]bbqflames.gif
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    ravnhaus,
    Looks good, did you cook the veggies in in the the egg, if so were they cooked in the glass dish???? I also liked the color of the plate the ribs were on.
    New Bob

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    New Bob,
    The veggies were cooked in the oven though I suppose you could cook them in the egg. I would most likely put them in foil instead of the glass pan. Hmmmm... good idea!

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    ravnhaus,
    Veggies in the(out of)the egg are awesome. I do things like zucchini squash and bell pepper, usually in foil with a little olive oil,pepper and oregano. I wrap in foil and poke a few small holes in it with a toothpick to get a little smoke in.
    Happy Egg-n
    New Bob