Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kafte / Kefte

Options
Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
  Stopped at a Lebanese place for lunch today and my wife had beef kafta and she loved it. I've had it made with lamb in the past but the beef was really good. Does anyone have a recipe?Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    Kafta (BBQ)
    Prep Time: 20 Minutes
    Cook Time: 10 Minutes
    Ready In: 30 Minutes
    Yields: 6 servings [p]INGREDIENTS:
    1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
    1 medium onion, grated
    1/2 cup finely chopped fresh
    parsley
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
    1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    6 wooden or metal skewers [p]DIRECTIONS:
    1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. If using wooden skewers, soak in water.
    2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion, parsley, cayenne, allspice, salt and pepper until evenly blended. Divide into 6 portions, and press around one end of the skewers to form a log shape approximately 1 inch thick and 6 inches long.
    3. Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until meat is no longer pink.

• mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Options
    Little Steven,[p]I've had this in Disney at the Food and Wine Festival in Morocco, its called Kefta, or beef pocket. We go every year to this in October.

<a href="http://www.bigbie.net&quot; target="blank">beefpita.jpg

• Little Steven
    Options
    chefarnoldi,That sounds like the one. Thank you.Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    mb168,That's pretty much how they served it today except that the pita was rolled and heated on a panini grill. We go for shwarma and falafel frequently but this was the first time for Kafta.Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Options
    Little Steven,[p]My wife LOVES the food in Morocco so we either eat in the restaurant there or during Food and Wine festival we go by the booth several times while we're there. I like the Bastilla also, a flaky yet tender chicken filled pastry with just a touch of powder sugar on top, odd at first but very good.