Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Everyone100% Newbie Results and ready for T-Pot Pie!

Options
Jeeves
Jeeves Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I'm finally back at the processing computer..[p]The results from Thursday night (for a single, newbie, and I mean newbie in that I've never made any of these fixens before!):
BirdOutOfEgg.jpg[p]

Single portion - I didn't need a bag of marshmallows and I only did a little of the rings on the casserole (since I was going to use the remainder for another project).[p]
stovetopbuffet.jpg
[p]Sorry - bad presentation (IMO). Just needed time to give thanks, pray, and enjoy the music, food, and wine.
plate.jpg
[p]So I separated all the meat.[p]Last night I put some of the remaining stuffing in molds for vacuum sealing.[p]I also did the same with the dark meat can green bean casserole.[p]Suggestion for leftover? My brother said to make one big <uTurkey Pot Pie[/u]!!! All I need to add are some carrots and peas![p]That was just way too much work for a single guy, but the results were great.[p]Special Thanks to Mad Max[p]And much thanks to the forum members for helping me and everyone out...[p]I couldn't have enjoyed the holiday or succeeded without you (and the egg).[p]WHAT A FAMILY![p]-Jeeves

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Jeeves, Oh no, not more turkey!! 8 - ) Somehow, each picture conjures up visions of yet another, great cook! And here I sit, trying to do a fish fry after looking at a marathon of prime rib pictures this morning! It's just not fair!~~~~[p]Rascal

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Jeeves,[p]That's a fine looking turkey. Mine tasted great and fell off the bone, but just didn't brown.[p]It may have been a fair amount of work for you, but the food was good, and the leftovers are likely to be just as nice. No wasting money for mediocre restaurant food, no nasty additives that might be in boxed food. And, frankly, cooking is one of those self-rewarding activities. You get to smell and taste it all, with no commercials![p]gdenby

• Jeeves
    Options
    Rascal,[p]I hear ya - I did mine later than most on the forum (Thursday), so I was watching pics, pics, pics. I didn't see any smoked Hams though![p]I'll be returning some items I didn't use today to the grocery store and I'm going to get some Talapia (or some less healthy catfish)... It's great with some Dizzy Pig Raging River. I addicted to that![p]-Jeeves
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    TurkeyPotPie2.jpg
    <p />Jeeves,
    Here are a couple of pot pies I did today. I sauted carrots, celery, green peppers and added chopped turkey. I seasoned with poultry seasoning and added mixture to store bought pie crust. I thickened home made turkey broth and poured over the pot pies. Cooked at 425 for about 30 minutes. Good luck, Tom

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Jeeves,
    looks great jeeves!!! . ..[p]pot pie is easy and great . . . [p]buy a pair of those pre-maid pie crust doughs and a throw-away pie pan .. .[p]put one crust in the pie pan ... [p]in a pan, put in some of you mad max gravy with some half and half or heavy cream for a nice creamy sauce. ...add in cut up turkey, taters, carrots, peas, shrooms, whatever. ...[p]then top with second crust. ..cut some holes in it to let out steam. . .[p]bake in 350 degree egg or oven for about an hour or until its nicely browned on top. ..good stuff. ..

• Jeeves
    Options
    Bajatom,[p]Looks great! I'll note it for when I do mine!