Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating Pulled Pork Question

Options
Dimple's Mom
Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My first time reheating pulled pork that I previously made and froze. Someone mentioned using coke to reheat it. Or was it root beer? I bought both,just in case. So I put some of the soda pop in a pan with the pulled pork and just reheat it in a slow oven? Serving it tonight at a girls' night out so answer fast! ;)[p]Thanks!
Gwen

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Dimples Mom,
    I think most people put the coke in the bag with the pork. If I don't I pour a little Coke in with sauce if you like sauce.
    Quick enough?[p]So what do girls do on your night out? Promise, I won't tell anyone. LOL

Mike

• DonDon
    DonDon Posts: 89
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    I freeze my leftover as well and I usually add a couple splashes of red wine vinager and some honey to mine. Then just put it in the over at 350 for 10 or so minutes

• Dimples Mom,[p]I saw a post recently that simply put a pound or two of pork in a crock pot with a 12 oz can of Coke (no diet, do Pepsi) for a few hours. Claims there is no 'Coke' taste. I've yet to try it, put will soon.[p]Good eggin'
    -paul

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    wannbebackinTexas,
    I've read your post twice and have a question: Do you sip a few long necks before you post LOL... Thought so. I hope it's Texas Beer.[p]Spring "Rum 'n Coke Time" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• wannabebackinTexas
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]I wish it were. It's just a disconnect between the brain and fingers towards the end of a day at the computer. But out west, we've got a few hours to go before "Spring Chicken" time.[p]Good eggin'
    (I wish this forum had a spell check) -paul

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Dimples Mom,
    I'm the frequent poster of the Coca-Cola tip. I prefer 1 12 oz can for up to 4# of pulled pork - I'm afraid 1 can for 1 pound would alter the taste - try 1/2 can in that case. Just mix well and warm on low heat so as to not cook either the meat or the Coke. PS I also always advise not to tell your guests the Coke secret as they get preconceived ideas that it will taste funky but it won't.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    wannabebackinTexas,
    Hey! I like that! "Spring Chicken Time." Cool! I might start using that as the official time at the Coop. That way everybody's clock can be different and still be on Spring Chicken Time LOL...[p]Spring "If I Ain't Kick'n The Clock Ain't Tick'n" Chicken

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Well, we are combining it with a PartyLite party, but really just an excuse to get together, eat and drink wine and champagne and have some chocolate and rag on men. ;) [p]And I have my house all decorated for Thanksgiving, so everyone is supposed to ooo and ah over that.[p]Gwen
    (Just kidding on the men part)