Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

SurveyPulled Pork Bark (leaving with PP?)

JeevesJeeves Posts: 461
edited 12:17AM in EggHead Forum
Do you cut your bark off your pulled pork, or leave it with the attached with the PP?
·

Comments

• RollocksRollocks Posts: 570
    Leave it on - - Why would one ever think about doing it any other way?
    ·
  • Jeeves,[p]Leave it --

·
  • Jeeves,
    keep it

·
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,913
    Jeeves,
    Leave it ON!

·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Jeeves,
    Is this a joke? ON!

·
  • Jeeves,[p]I'm not going through all hat trouble to get it. Just to throw it out. [p]Mike
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Jeeves,[p]Are you kidding??!!?!?![p]That's he best part. If you don't like the chewiness, then mince it fairly finely and mix it throughout the meat and get all that flavor mixed in.[p]If you aren't going to keep it, why bother with a rub???
    ·
  • Jeeves,
    I'll be the rebel ...... cut it off, pack it up, send it to me, I'll dispose of it for you.

·
  • Morro Bay Rich,
    Now you're speaking my language. LOL[p]Mike

·
  • mb168mb168 Posts: 265
    Jeeves,[p]Keep bark on the butt, remove membrane from ribs. You won't find anyone here that won't recommend these two things.
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    Jeeves,
    keep it[p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Jeeves,[p]Do you mean cut it off so people are getting just chunks of bark versus having bark attached to strings of meat? (I hope you're not suggesting cut it off to discard - gasp!) I leave it attached to the meat, however I must confess that an awful lot of it goes into my mouth as I pull the pork. I figure most of my guests (weber folk, gassers, and the like) won't appreciate it the way I do and won't really notice that there isn't so much of it there.[p]Gwen
    ·
  • Jeeves,[p]I chop the bark up and add it to the pork. It adds contrast and flavor.[p]Uncle Phil
    ·
  • Jeeves,
    I agree with Phil. pull it all together.[p]M

·