Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do you think this Turkey pan set-up will work?

Options
TigerTony
TigerTony Posts: 1,078
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
<a href=
<p />I can't seem to fit my Turkey roasting pan in my Lg. BGE with it sitting on top of the plate setter. So I'm thinking that if I place my pizza stone on top of the grill and set the roasting pan on the pizza stone that it will basically accomplish the same results as using the plate setter. I would like to use the little green feet in between the pizza stone and the roasting pan but I only have three of the little feet and it does not sit stable.
Anyway, I guess I'll find out for myself in a few hours.
Today I'm doing a trial run cook with a 4.75 lb. turkey breast and two turkey legs.
I seasoned the turkey with salt pepper and rosemary, rubbed it with canola oil, then sliced up a stick of butter and placed it on the turkey and added a couple cups of chicken stock water to the pan. I mixed is a small amount of cherry wood chips in the lump for some smoke flavor..I plan on cooking at 325* until internal temp of the breast reaches 180*.
Any idea how long this will take?
Help and suggestions always welcome.
Here is a pic:

"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
New Orleans

Comments