Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Apple recipe

Options
belle's dad
belle's dad Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife and our guest at the 2007 EGGtoberfest had some baked apples that they thought was super. Would love to get the recipe. Had hoped it would be in the 2007 recipe book, but it isn't as yet. Who ever cooked that at the fest, PLEASE share. Thanks.. Belle's Dad

Comments

• Belle's Dad,[p]I heard this was done this year, but was not there to verify.[p]Dessert, Apples, Baked, Miss Alyce
    [p]1 6 Lbs 8 Ozs. Can White House Sliced Apples
    1 Stick Butter
    2 Tbs ground cinnamon
    2 Tbs whole cloves
    1 Tbs nutmeg
    2 cups brown sugar - more or less, to personal taste
    3/4 cups raisins - dark
    3/4 cups raisins - golden
    2 cups Ocean Spray - Craisins - cranberries
    2 cups walnuts

1 Cook/smoke 300 degrees in a 7qt. dutch oven - 1 and 1/2 hours - add walnuts during last 15 minutes of the cook
    *****Cooking Tips*****
    1 Variations: pecans instead of walnuts or both - add other fruit, pears or cherries for example - chopped ginger is a nice addition - dark (grade b) maple syrup instead of the brown sugar - apple brandy or light rum, all is according to taste

Recipe Type
    Dessert

Recipe Source
    Author: Mrs. Toad, Alyce Deal[p]Source: BGE Eggtoberfest '06, Miss Alyce, 10/24/06

[p]

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    Belle's Dad,[p]the recipe posted by richard is the one - alyce has baked these for the past four eggtoberfest - a bit of apple brandy really takes these apples to another level - we can not do this at eggtoberfest but let them set for awhile to let the apples absorb all the different flavors - the black walnuts this year really added (i thought) but alyce likes the pecans better -
    mr toad

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • belle's dad
    Options
    Richard Fl,[p]Thank's for the quick response. Want to do it Friday for a big group of co-workers. Belle's Dad
  • belle's dad
    Options
    mr toad,
    Thanks. I appreciate your help. Belle's Dad