Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Asian Style Nature Ribs

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Asianribs
<p />Talk on one of the other forums is discussing Char-Siu ribs, which I have never heard of. It sounds like a nice blend of Asian flavors.[p]It reminded me a bit of something I came up with a month or so ago that I wanna do again: [p]Marinated in: Sesame oil, soy sauce crushed Sesame seeds, white wine, pepper, fresh ginger root. [p]Finishing sauce: Sauteed ginger/garlic, hoisin, honey, oyster sauce, Tamarind Concentrate, Salt. [p]I just got the pictures back. Here are some pictures of before and after the finishing sauce. They were quite tasty, with quite a bit of caramelization of the sugar, but with the sweetness was balanced well with the salt and tartness.[p]Nature Boy
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Teslamania
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Those ribs do look good. Char sui, was what my mom made using cut up picnics and then roasting them in the oven. It is the "red cooked" pork that you see at chinese restaurants. I will have to try a pork loin or cut up picnic or shoulder. Then again, on ribs it would be great too.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Teslamania,
    Thanks. Seems like most char siu has red food coloring!
    Maybe we can substitute the BGE and the pink smoke ring.
    Yum. I can't wait to do these again Friday night.[p]And sometime I would like to try one of the char sui recipes.[p]Cheers.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ