Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The first step was admitting that I had a problem . . .

Avocados
Avocados Posts: 465
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I came to this realization after bringing home my third and fourth eggs from Eggtoberfest last week. [p]My wife stearnly pointed out that we now have three large and one small egg. "Why would anyone need that many?" She said.[p]The second step was taking my old (unused) gas grill out to the curb with the trash tonight.[p]In the morning when the garbage truck arrives - No more problem!!!!

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Avocados,
    I know it's tough, but you did the right thing(sniff).

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Avocados,
    I'm going to siide with your wife, why do you need three lg Eggs? -RP

• AZRP
    AZRP,
    And why do I have to post multiple posts? -RP

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    AZRP,
    At least you took the first step. Haha. I've been doing it lately too...must be Eggfest withdrawl.

• Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    AZRP,[p]Well, I do use two eggs at the same time quite often. And I ordered a small one to do side dishes, T-Rex a stake on, and to take on trips like camping and to the beach. (The Large is a bit heavy and bulky to lug around with two kids and a dog.)[p]The third large was purely accidental and un-planned for because I won it in the raffle :)[p]Now when I have family visiting for the holidays, I can smoke a turky Mad Max style, do a Prime Rib roast (for my English in-laws), and still be able to cook my Turducken![p]Butternut and Acorn squash, Green bean cassarole, baked beans, etc. for sides are always better on the Egg. Not to mention having some good appetizers to eat during the long cooks.[p]Now that I think of it. Maybe I need a nother egg (or two) . . .
  • AZRP
    Avocados,
    Cool! We have two lg and a small because we won the lg last year in ATL. Take your wife to five or six fests next year and she will never question how many Eggs you have. -RP

• UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    Avocados,
    Well, i didnt win any of mine and im up to 4. Only missing the medium at this point. I brought home a mini this time and didnt tell her and this weekend i had it out on the deck cooking some chicken breast when she came home form shopping and all she did was glance over at it with a disgusting look, shook her head and asked what time dinner was gonna be ready. I have her desensitized.

• Avocados,[p]Oh, yes, Brother! I feel your pain...[p]One 11 more steps to go! Think you'll ever get there?[p]