Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2+ inch center cut porkchop filled with apple and sausage

Options
Marvelous
Marvelous Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw a unusual cut of pork chop center cut very thick at least 2+ inches filled with apple and sausage how would you cook this on the egg direct or indirect what temp and what temp would you pull it off the grid thanks

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Marvelous, was this a slice from a larger cooked roast that you saw or a slice that had been grilled? If the former, it sounds a lot like Big'uns Triple Threat that he cooked at EGGtoberfest. If the later, the biggest issue you will have is keeping the stuffing from falling out while it cooks. I like to cook my pork direct on an elevated grill. I cook at about 350-375 and I cook until I get the temperature in the 160-170 range. I personally like 160 but my wife has this phobia about eating "raw" pork so if she's watching over my shoulder I cook it to 170.

• Zen Egger
    Options
    Marvelous,
    That sounds so good. I would do indirect at 325
    for 45-60 minutes and mop with either a rasberry or blackberry sauce in last 10 minutes.

• Wise One,[p]My wife's like that, too. For her, pork has to be dry and like show leather, because "that's my my mother did it."[p]I've been pulling pork recently @ 145F, tenting for carry-over, and last time she commented on how juicy it was.[p]Duh![p]

• Marvelous
    Options
    Broc, just across the Muddy Mo from Omaha,
    I do not know they were lose in the case some had other fillings they looked good thanks