Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chili Recipe?

Options
Tornado
Tornado Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey kids, welp i took deleivery on my new Egg yesterday, and already finding myself distracted at the office because of it. Gash Dangit! [p]At any rate, does anyone have a world beater chili recipe? i have a chili contest at the office on Friday, and can't lose this one!!![p]Thanks in Advance.
Jeff and Cary

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Tornado,
    I answered your first post below :

[ul][li]http://www.eggheadforum.com/wwwboard/messages/433676.shtml[/ul]
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    egret,
    Thanks John, for a minute there I thought I had Dejavu. lol

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Tornado, I first came upon this recipe back in the 80's and it has since found its way onto the internet and survived through the years. My twist is to halve the chili powder and add some jarred, roasted red peppers along with their juice. This dish has a depth of flavors that's hard to beat and will have you craving more![p]Rascal

[ul][li]Wild Card Chili[/ul]
  • egret,[p]Funny!!! I was going to ask for a chili recipe or two today as well. Not sure I can find DP Cow Lick Steak Rub but I’ll look for it and give this one a shot. My wife’s chili’s not cutting it… and it’s cooked inside. Thanks for posting.

• Tornado,
    The main ingredients of good chili is the meat and the chili powder. Go to foodtv.com and search for Alton Browns Chili Powder recipe. I collect dry chili peppers so I varied it a bit , but you can't go wrong here. Next, the meat. Get good meat, not expensive meat. a CAB chuck roast or CAB ground chuck is grest for chili. I never make it the same way it depends on what I have in the fridge. I cut my veggies up small select good meat and lots of different spices. I don't use any beans and I use limited tomato sauce or paste. It is really great on the egg as it will pick up some smoke. Also to start, brown your meat in stages and get some of it to stick. when you de-glaze you will be rewarded.

• EggspertMN
    Options
    HD Fboy,
    Vegetables? Tomatoes? In Chili? surely you jest![p]