Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Moving home into storage by movers, how to move/store/transport the egg?

Options
truhokie
truhokie Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are having movers come tomorrow to move us out of our existing house in Falls Church and they are storing our stuff until we can find a place in Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads.[p]Should I take the top and band off the Egg to allow easier handling and decrease the risk of breaking or mishandling? It is down in a table now and I don't want the movers screwing things up trying to get it out. Of course, the table is on wheels, so I could just roll it onto the truck. [p]Any ideas are welcome.

Comments

• eggfoot
    eggfoot Posts: 138
    Options
    truhokie, if it is in the table and the table is built strong then i would leave it in the table. you might want to strap the lid down so it does not bounce around duiring transport. I haul my eggs around ALL of the time without problem. I often have the egg going in the back of the truck while I am moving and have never broke any part of the egg. I have done this at least 40 times with no problems. It would not hurt however to seperate the inside components with some padding just to be safe.

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    omh2.jpg
    <p />Eggfoot,
    omh1.jpg[p]Have a safe and good trip.[p]Mike