Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BobbyQ Takes GRAND in Covington

Options
Squeeze
Squeeze Posts: 717
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got off the phone with a pumped up BobbyQ who just won grand in Covington, GA. From the quick call it sounds like the Eggs did very well with a lot of calls across the board.[p]-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
The University of Que L.L.C. ®
Killen, AL
www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!

Comments

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]That's just great!
    Congrats Bobby!

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    drbbq,
    way to go bobby!! . ..did he win a large egg?!?!?

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    That is kind of ironic....I think it was a Primo Oval....

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]WOW, that's some great news![p]Congratulations Bobby![p]Smokey
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    Squeeze,
    nice job

• Squeeze,[p]Congratulation Bobby!!! Way to go...
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Squeeze,
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Bobby.[p]Mike

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Squeeze,
    does that mean he might show off his trophy at eggtoberfest next weekend??[p]
    GREAT JOB BOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Squeeze,
    bobby-q! you are the eggman!

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Way to go Bobby!!![p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Squeeze,
    Congrats Bobby!! I had planned to be there last night and today but still under the weather. I sure am proud for yall, hopefully next time, I'll be able to take advantage of the invite!

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]
    EPATANT !!
    super work bobby - congratulations !![p]mr toad

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Squeeze,
    Way to go, Bobby! Way too awesome..........

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Squeeze,
    Wtg bobaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!
    ST[p]

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Squeeze,
    I still can't believe it. I am sick as a dog, I think with the flu, so it really can't sink in all way the way due to all the cloudiness in my head.[p]Charlie and I had some great help this weekend from Steve (the newest memeber of Team Bobby-Q) and Tom (RustyRooster). Tom just came out to see what a full on contest was like and he did it for the best reason of all, he just wanted to learn a few things to make his BBQ at home for his family and friends better. He was a real trooper and was extremely helpful by just being up beat and asking great questions which actually kept me focused through the fog of being sick.[p]This is such a cool experience. Charlie and I set a goal at the beginning of the year that we were gonna win a Grand at a state qualifier so we could go the Royal and have a draw into the Jack Daniel's World Championship. Well this was our 13th contest this year and the last one of the year for us as "Team Bobby-Q".[p]I'm very sick, but very happy and I know tomorrow it will sink in and I'll be floating this weekend at EGGtoberfest...and yes I will have the trophys on display in the store.[p]The best part of this weekend was the amazing job all the EGG teams did. There were 7 EGG only teams out of 33 teams which was awesome enough, but I think all 7 teams got to walk to the stage. Sam and Diane and Dan walked more than once. In the Chicken category I got 10th place and Sam and Diane got 4th place and Big Green Eggs and Ham got 3rd. That was just awesome.[p]All in all it was an awesome EGG weekend and I appreciate all the kind words. This was a win for all of us in the EGG family.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]Congrats, Bobby-Q!
  • dblR
    dblR Posts: 75
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]Fantastic! So glad to hear you got the Grand! You certainly deserve it. You have worked hard and know how to persevere. Mang, I am so happy for you with everything going on and you get your Grand the weekend before Eggtoberfest, WOW! YAHOO![p]I sent you an E-Mail for you at work. Please call me on my cell @ 256-721-0218 with your answer. Congradulations again![p]Ralph
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    Thanks for the kind words Bobby. It wan quite a thrill to be there and see your win. Thank you for the greatest cooking learning eggsperience I have ever had.
    Tom

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Rusty Rooster,[p] Congrats... There is hope for me yet :)