Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Will this forum be silent during the big eggfest?

Options
JudyFoodie
JudyFoodie Posts: 124
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I take it that this forum will not be heavily used at times during the eggfest since most of the regular posters will be there. Just curious who here is not going and why. Will anyone be posting the highlights of the day for us unfortunates who won't be there?
Judy

Comments

• Georgie
    Georgie Posts: 51
    Options
    JudyFoodie,
    I won't be at eggfest, but I will be checking in on the forum (after all I don't have much choice - it has recently become my homepage). :)[p]Hope people will post lots of pics during/after the fest so I can live vicariously through all the lucky fest attendees!

• Pork Puller
    Options
    JudyFoodie,
    I won't be there either. I moved out of that rat-race 12 yrs. ago to come to heaven on earth (Alaska). All my family still lives in that area, but I couldn't take the heat anylonger.Don't miss it a bit. I would love to go to the fest though.I hope all that make it have a great time.

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    JudyFoodie,
    Lots of pictures will be posted I'm sure. I normally intend on taking way more than I actually do.[p]H

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    JudyFoodie,
    I was overwhelmingly convinced to stay home with my 10 week old son Andrew and 1.5 year old daughter Olivia by egg-heads in this forum. I should get a mini egg for staying home right?
    ~Pharmeggist
    Seriously, If I could be at the egg-fest I would be there in a New York second... uh hum Tucker Ga second.

• dbishop
    dbishop Posts: 34
    Options
    JudyFoodie,
    I won't be there. Tuesday is our 25th anniversary and we are going to Destin, FL. I talked about coming back a couple of days early to go to the fest and the wife was not to excited about so I forgot it, when registration closed I told her and she said "oh shoot I thought we were going to go"???????? Go figure
    DB

• DynaGreaseball
    Options
    JudyFoodie,[p]Access to the fest closed around us before we could get registered. I hate that I won't be able to meet all the great people who have helped me learn how to use my Egg. I look forward to seeing lots of pictures. Ya'll have fun!
  • Beast
    Beast Posts: 78
    Options
    DynaGreaseball,[p]I can understand your pain I too was in your shadows and felt despair I had signed up on the website to attend but hadn’t paid was waiting for payday to arrive so the payday came and went and I said I’ll just do it Monday so after work Monday I got home and like always I log onto the forums just to check in and read all the helpful posts when I became petrified at what I read “Egg fest has closed” I almost became teary eyed feeling that I had let the one moment that I had been waiting on for so long slip by I then turned to my long distance family ( the wonderful people of this forum ) for comfort. they in exchange told me to contact BobbyQ directly which I did and just so happen that since I has already signed up all I had to do was pay. So what was an awful feeling is now a delightful feeling, I can wait to meet my new family to whom I thank so much for all their help and guidance [p]
    "he who asks becomes a fool for five minutes he who doesn't asks becomes a fool forever" Beast

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    JudyFoodie,[p]What Egg Fest?
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    JudyFoodie,[p]I plan to be there, and plan to take a ton of pictures. I will try to get home Saturday and get them uploaded to some photo sharing site for those that cannot make it to see.[p]I am getting excited!!!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    JudyFoodie,
    Like a bad penny you can't get rid of I'll be here. Attendance just wasn't in the cards.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Zen Egger
    Options
    Fidel,
    Don't you mean Eggcited?

• Smokin' Lady
    Options
    JudyFoodie, afraid it's a little too far away for me, I'll be stuck here in Ontario. Just after getting into egging this summer, I learned there was a gathering in Barrie, Ontario in July. Is it an annual event? I sure hope so, I will be there next summer if it is.

• JudyFoodie
    Options
    Smokin' Lady,
    Hey that's just like me. I just got my egg this summer too and am also stuck in Ontario. Would be neat if Barrie was an annual thing too though I'd prefer closer to Toronto.
    Judy

• AuntieEgger
    Options
    Hi JudyFoodie, Chadwicks and Hacks in Hamilton had a gathering of eggers this year and as far as I know they want to do it every year. They had the eggs going and handed out food samples.
    We just bought our BGE this summer as well so it was real nice to go and see how the food was cooked meet others with eggs in the area and ask questions and get answers from the eggsperts.
    I can let you know when there next one is if you are interested.[p]AuntieEgger [p]

• AuntieEgger,[p]Please let me know as well.[p]Steve

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    JudyFoodie,[p]In previous years it has gone pretty quiet. I doubt that will be the case this year just by the sheer of new members. Unfortunately, I will not know because I'll be in Atlanta.[p]Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• AuntieEgger
    Options
    Ok I'll let you know. [p]AuntieEgger