Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey in the brine, ribs tonight!

Options
BluesnBBQ
BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I put my turkey in the brine this morning. Usually I brine it the night before, but this time I decided to try something different. Last night I heated up all of the main brine ingredients with enough water for everything to dissolve and mix well. I didn't boil it, just heated it for a few minutes. Then I added half of the apple cider I bought for it, and some cold water. I let that sit on the stove until it cooled, then put it in the fridge before I went to bed. This morning I added some more water, put the turkey in the pot, and added the rest of the cider, and a little more water. Tonight before bed, I am going to remove the bird, rinse it, and let it air dry in the fridge. I have never done an overnight air dry before.[p]One of my best friends is in town and I get off work early today. I have two slabs of ribs rubbed in the fridge, I'm going to put them on when I get home and have some friends over. The ribs should be ready by 8:00 or 8:30. After we eat, we're going to the annual Thanksgiving Eve party at a local bar (one that's in walking distance of my house!). So it's barbecue tonight, smoked turkey (and more tomorrow). Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Comments