Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Metal egg tables?

jerseymatt
jerseymatt Posts: 112
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any ideas out there for metal egg tables? I did a no-no this past weekend and puff- no more wood table. My wife now forbids wood. Help get my egg off the ground!

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    P1010172Small.jpg
    <p />jerseymatt,
    Eggfoot had this custom model at Oklahoma and Omaha. -RP

• AZRP,
    That looks cool, but I am not that handy. I may have to go with an egg nest and a metal shelving table next to it. BTW don't ever light your egg with a full load of lump, open vents full, and come back 3 hours latter!

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    jerseymatt,
    Amen, that's one of the points I really stressed to the BGE 101 class I did in Omaha. -RP

• billt
    billt Posts: 225
    jerseymatt,
    link shoud take you to pic posted earlier today then go to www.nakedwhiz.com and look at pics of tables.

[ul][li]http://www.eggheadforum.com/wwwboard/messages/427540.shtml[/ul]
  • jerseymatt,
    Give me a call tomorrow and I will e-mail you some pictures.
    Dale
    301-705-1900

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    jerseymatt,
    Chubby does it every eggfest. Just not with a wooden table near by.
    Mike

• BBQEd
    BBQEd Posts: 63
    jerseymatt,[p]I found this table at lowes on clearance, [p]IMG_5915.JPG[p]IMG_5917.JPG[p]I made a ss shelf and put the egg into it. The opening in the granite perfectly fits the egg.[p]IMG_6146.JPG[p]IMG_6147.JPG[p]I have less than $75 in this table.

• ChefDave
    ChefDave Posts: 142
    BBQEd, What size egg is in the picture?[p]David
  • BBQEd
    BBQEd Posts: 63
    Letts-Do-It,[p]It's a large.
  • DSCN1785.jpg
    <p />jerseymatt,
    This worked out good with my Lg Egg.
    My Best,
    Ross

• currdog
    currdog Posts: 25
    IMG_4607.jpg
    <p />jerseymatt,
    here's what i rigged up. basic stainless table from your restaurant supply store (30x60) with a plasma torch to cut the hole. New table is around $200 and $30 to torch the hole. used, you can find them for around $80.
    It gets the job done. the bottom shelf is adjustable to get the right height.[p]

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    jerseymatt,
    If I walk away from a fully opened egg I set a timer so I don't forget about it. [p]Sorry to hear you're in the dog house. [p]Bordello

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    currdog,[p]Your table is nearly identical with one I bought two years at Costco for about $100. Haven't seen it since then, however. I use it as a side table after adding wheels (I didn't cut a hole although I considered it.) My primary problems with the Stainless table are that a.) it gets very hot in the sun, and b.) that the glare from the sun can be hard to handle. A minor issue is that it requires regular cleaning to appear clean.
  • currdog
    currdog Posts: 25
    Haggis,
    definitely agree on all points, and you can see how lousy it looks when you don't clean it regularly! to add to that list are the fact that its not magnetic (polder holder) and it dents when you accidently touch the side of a searing hot DFMT while removing it. [p] I went stainless 3 years ago when i lived in phoenix, wood doesn't last in that sun, but not sure the 3rd degree burns from the stainless were worth it.[p]I probably wouldn't go this way again, but it works, and until I can afford the outdoor kitchen, it will keep on serving its purpose.

• Thank you for the follow up on the earlier post. I didn't want to have to formica a piece of wood for the top. I will go to Home Depot and see what I can find for the top.[p]Your cart looks great and I think it will be quicker and last longer than a wood cart.[p]My best, Kent

• jerseymatt,[p]Hopefully the wooden table was the only thing that got in the middle of this.[p]I can only imaging what an egg would affect with all vents open for 3 hours.[p]Kent
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    jerseymatt,[p]I bought this at a used restaurant equipment place. I'm putting 2 larges a medium and small in it. The place I got it from had different sizes that would fit any combination of single or multiple eggs.[p]steve009-1.jpg[p]steve008-1.jpg[p]steve007-1.jpg[p]Oh, this is why.[p]IMG_0445.jpg[p]Steve[p][p][p][p][p][p][p]

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jerseymatt,[p]Hey Matt, where are you located? I have a slightly used nest for a large if your interested... let me know? i'm assuming NJ from your handle, but i could be wrong :-)[p]Don
  • WoW that’s going to look real sweet when it’s done and it even has a sink in it!!! [p]Can’t wait to see the finished product.[p]Where is the used restraint equipment place that you bought it from?[p]AuntieEgger[p]
  • Little Steven
    AuntieEgger,[p] I don't know if you read the thread but I gave Shiskaknob the address. It's Nella Cutlery in Mississauga and they have a yard full of stuff like it. If you google nella cutlery mississauga a map will pop up. I don't know where you're located but it really is worth the trip there. They have a small store with restaurant equipment and neat kitchen tools as well as a knife display thats got every good manufacturer I know. The factory is awesome as well there are all these folks sharpening knives and all kinds of heavy duty kitchen machines. The Nella Knives are really good and cheap. Their knives are about 60 -70% of the price you would pay retail. I know they have a store in uptown TO but apparntly the prices are high.[p]Steve[p]Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Ok Thank you Steve I will check out the other thread for the address. I’m in Hamilton but my hubby works in Mississauga so I will have him shoot over someday after work to see what they have.[p]AuntieEgger[p]
  • Little Steven
    AuntieEgger,[p]Hope you found the address alright. E-mail me if not.[p]Cheers[p]Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Yup My hubby knows where it is [p]Thanks Steve[p]AuntieEgger[p]