Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egged Kermit

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy yooz alls.
Can't compete with Wess's major pahtay, but I cooked some frog legs tonight. They were on "manager's special" at the local store, and I grabbed a pack with 4 "pairs" of legs....nice and meaty. decided to cook them after I picked up the Pizza Hut personal pan pizzas that the kids get free for reading a certain number of books per month (pretty cool program).[p]Anywho, I fired up the small egg, threw some of BlueSmoke's rub on them legs, and slathered them with mustard, peanut oil and lime juice, then threw some more rub on. 15 minutes later junior was cranking along at 450-500. I grilled those guys for about 5 minutes a side, and they were starting to fall apart. Crusted nicely. [p]These were superb. The missuz does not like much meat, and definitely not fatty meat. She kept coming back for more of those lean rascles. Has a texture much like perfectly cooked chicken breast (maybe a bit more tender. But the flavor had a small hint of seafood. Very light and tasty. Right djm5x9??[p]Go vikes. The redskins need the giants to lose.
Cheers
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    Nature Boy, Last friday while enjoying the afternoon with Qfan, he toured me through the market in his fine hometown and one of the vendors was selling frog legs, I was temped, they also had boxed crawfish which I have never tryed but want to....looks like maybe I`ll have to hook up with that Qfan guy and get a crawfish boil and frog leg grill on the go before the snow flies.....[p]Darryl has a nice photo of frog legs sizzlin' away on his Egg...."Egg", yeah!, thats it![p]Mop

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Mop,
    Is it really true, do frog legs taste like chicken??????
    Thanks,
    New Bob

• Nature Boy
    Options
    New Bob,
    Texture much like tender chicken, flavor kind of like alligator tail.[p]Good stuff. If I see them around again, I will get them.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Mop,
    Once in a while I see crawdads around here, but usually precooked. Betch they would be awesome grilled alongside some frog legs. Or boil em. whatever, it sounds like a good combo.[p]Yeah, djm's picture came to my mind as I looked at the package in the store. [p]Latah
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Nature Boy:[p]Believe it or not, the top three the boys ask for is quail and a tie between rabbit and frog legs . . . [p]Just waiting for you to put your creative spin on a new frog leg recipe!
  • djm5x9
    Options
    Mop:[p]You do not know what you have been missing! There is nothing better than Mudbugs and Jumpers done right!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Nature Boy, frog legs are such a treat and iffin someone who reads this doesn't necessarily want to run them through Mr Egg I have a tried and true kick *ss recipe inside using B & B for the final presentaion. Email me if interested, but I'm off after this post so it will be tomorrow night for a response.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    djm5x9,Then I hope you won`t mind when I come to you for guidance when it's time for me to cook em...[p]Mop

• djm5x9
    Options
    Mop:[p]I can help you with the Jumpers, but I have a special restaurant I go to when I am in the mood for mudbugs. They are easy to cook regardless of recipe, it is just that this restaurant has them fresher than any retailer I could purchase from. Too bad I am a little further east than my taste buds are!