Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Congratulations...Egg and the Family Stone

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would like to congratulate Mike Stone who cooks under the name of Egg and the Family Stone on his great finish the Gallatin, Tn contest over the weekend. Mike had all four meats in the top ten with a 7th in chicken, a 5th in ribs, a 5th in pork, and a 8th in brisket. Mike finished 4th overall in this KCBS event.[p]Mike has been cooking on just ONE large Egg and doing quite well at the contests but I am not sure if he has now got another Egg to use at these events. Maybe he will stop by and tell us what he is cooking on at the present time. [p]Great job Mike!!!![p]Dave

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Old Dave,
    That is a great showing. Very nice.[p]H

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Old Dave,[p]Great performance![p]Smokey
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Old Dave,
    Congrats to Mike Stone - sounds like he did the BGE proud! [p]BTW Dave, congrats to you too, sir! I posted this info item this weekend about you.

[ul][li]About Old Dave...[/ul]
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggtuary
    Eggtuary Posts: 400
    Old Dave,[p]Thanks for the nice words! Of course, you're the guy who got me started in all this, so most of the credit belongs with you.[p]I'm still cooking competitions on just one Large Egg. It's tempting to get another, just to making the timing a little easier. But we've got a baby on the way, and I've got to keep my costs down. Old Dave's famous Contraption is what makes it possible for me to do this. Three levels, the lowest of which holds a drip pan. I understand the Mothership is now selling something similar?[p]Thanks again for the kind works.[p]Mike