Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cookin' for the rest of the week

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:[p]After looking at our schedule for next week we found that at least Monday thru Wednesday it would be at least 7:30pm each evening before we both got home, so we decided to do a lot of cooking today to have meals ready for the rest of the week (and lunches).[p]First was some red chili. I normally use stew meat or a roast for the meat as I like it better than ground beef, but I wanted to be different today. I had a flank steak that I seasoned with chili powder and then threw on a 400 fire for a few minutes to just brown it up.[p]PA070001.jpg[p]Then I cut it up into cubes. The cubes along with a diced onion went into the dutch oven first to finish browning the meat. Then added the rest of the chili spices & ingredients to come up with this after about 2 hours on the egg at about a 300 dome temp.[p]PA070008.jpg[p]We also thought some White chili would be good also, so EggHatter prepped most of that, using some chicken breasts I had cooked yesterday.[p]PA070005.jpg[p]Dinner tonight was a remake of the Pork-Onion Pie I had made for the "PIE" contest at work on Tuesday (Thanks again Woodoggies for the recipe to work with). Here is EggHatter finishing up the crust in the pan.[p]PA070002.jpg[p]Now ready to go on the Egg.[p]PA070004.jpg[p]And the finished product. [p]PA070009.jpg[p]Another pic, it was just as good as the one on Tuesday.[p]PA070013.jpg[p]This should take care of us for a few days at least.[p]Have a GREAT day!
Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments